Cleaning and caring for your
Proper use and care of your air condiiner
help ensure lonaer life of the unit and lower operat-
ing'costs. Follow these instructions carefully.CalI
your Whirlpool servicing dealer for an annual
Cleaning front panel
ElectrIcal Shock and
Unplug power cord from receptacle before
cleaning unlt. Failure to do so could mlt
In electrical shock or personal Injury.
Do not use flammable flulds, solvents,
abrasive cleaners, or strong detergents.
Fire or product damage could result.
Remove the front panel from unit when clean-
ing. Press down at top edge of the front, as
shown in diagrams at left (depending on your
2. When the front moves away from top of cabinet,
pull top of front toward you.
3. Lift up and away from the bottom spring clips.
4. Clean front panel with warm water and mild
soap or detergent. Use a soft cloth. Rinse and
dry. Replace front panel.
5. Wipe control panel clean with a soft dry cloth.
Cleaning air conditioner
The filter is cleanable. A clean filter helps remove
dust, lint and other particles from the air. Check
every two weeks to see if filter needs cleaning.
1. Remove front panel as shown above.
2. Remove filter by releasing it from plastic clips
as shown in diagrams at left (depending on your
3. Clean filter, using a vacuum cleaner.
4. If very dirty, wash filter with warm water and mikf
detergent. Air dry thoroughly before replacing.