IMPORTANT PRECAUTIONS (Continued)
Avoid Volatile Liquid
Do not use volatile liquids, such as an insect spray, near the unit. Do not leave rubber or
plastic products touching the unit for a long time. They will leave marks on the finish.
If cleaning with a chemically saturated cloth, be sure to follow the product's precautions.
Wireless LAN PC Card
(Models equipped with PC card slot)
• Do not connect the supplied wireless LAN PC card to devices other than this unit. Doing so
could cause malfunction.
• To protect the PC card from static electricity, touch some nearby metal, such as a doorknob
or aluminum window frame, before touching the PC card, to rid your body of static electricity.
• This PC card is a radio product. Concerning the regulations applied in each country/area,
please refer to "Information to the user" supplied.
The life of the LCD panel is limited. Take care over the points below so as to use the panel
• To prolong the life of this panel, never fail to turn the power off when the panel is not in use
and make sure that the lamp has gone out. The state of the lamp being extinguished helps
enhance the effect of energy saving.
• If the air filter is stained and is clogged up, the main unit inner temperature rises. As a
result, the life of the LCD is shortened and a malfunction may also occur.
Clean the air filter from time to time and replace it regularly. It is recommended that this
replacement be done at the time of replacing a lamp. (Ask a dealer where the unit was
purchased or your nearby service station about an air filter for replacement.)
In the spaces provided below, record the Model and Serial No. located at the bottom of your
Retain this information for future reference.
• Toshiba Corporation bears no responsibility in the case of damages arising from natural
disaster such as earthquakes, lightning, etc., fire not liable to Toshiba Corporation, operating
by third parties, other accidents, or use under abnormal conditions including erroneous or
improper operation and other problems.
• Toshiba Corporation bears no responsibility for incidental damages (lost profit, work
interruption, corruption or loss of the memory contents, etc.) arising from the use of or the
inability to use this unit.
• Toshiba Corporation accepts no liability whatsoever for any damages arising from not having
followed the descriptions in this Instruction Manual.
• Toshiba Corporation accepts no liability whatsoever for any damages arising from
malfunctions arising from combination with equipment or software that is not related to
• Toshiba bears no responsibility for information being intercepted or leaked due to the use of
a wireless LAN, or any damages therefor (models with PC card slot).
OTHER CAUTIONS AND INFORMATIONS
Publicly showing or transmitting commercial imaging software or broadcast or Cable-broad
casting programs, either commercially or collecting a fee from the audience, or modifying
images using the freeze or resize functions, could violate the direct or indirect copyrights of
the imaging software or broadcast program, etc., if done without first consulting with the
copyright holder. For this reason, please take appropriate measures before performing one
of the actions listed above, including obtaining a license from the copyright holder.
This product contains substances which are harmful to humans and the environment.
• The solder used in the PCB manufacturing process contains lead.
• The lamp contains inorganic mercury.
Please dispose of this product or used lamps in accordance with local regulations.
• VGA, SVGA, XGA, SXGA, UXGA are trademarks or registered trademarks of International
Business Machines Corporation.
• Macintosh is a registered trademark of Apple Computer, Inc.
• Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
Notational Conventions Used in This Manual
References to pages with related information are annotated as follows.
For example, if making a reference to page 36: