Summary of Contents for Motorola Avigilon H4M-MT-DCIL
Installation Guide Avigilon H4 Mini Dome Camera Models with Ceiling Mount Adapter: H4M-D plus H4M-MT-DCIL...
Important Safety Information This manual provides installation and operation information and precautions for the use of this device. Incorrect installation could cause an unexpected fault. Before installing this equipment read this manual carefully. Please provide this manual to the owner of the equipment for future reference. This Warning symbol indicates the presence of dangerous voltage within and outside the product enclosure that may result in a risk of electric shock, serious injury or death to persons if proper precautions are not followed.
This Class B digital apparatus complies with Canadian ICES-003. This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation.
Disclaimer This document has been compiled and published using product descriptions and specifications available at the time of publication. The contents of this document and the specifications of the products discussed herein are subject to change without notice. Avigilon Corporation reserves the right to make any such changes without notice.
Table of Contents Overview Cover View In-ceiling Mounting Adapter View Camera Body View Installation Required Tools and Materials Camera Package Contents Using the In-Ceiling Mounting Adapter Installing the Camera Base to the Mounting Adapter Initializing a Camera Username and Password Assigning an IP Address Accessing the Live Video Stream Aiming the Camera...
Overview Note: Be careful not to scratch the camera. The resulting marks or fingerprints may affect the overall image quality. Keep the protective covers on the outside of the camera until the installation is complete. Cover View 1. Camera body The main body of the camera, including the internal mechanisms for aiming the camera.
In-ceiling Mounting Adapter View 1. Cable entry hole An entry hole for the cables required for camera operation. 2. Camera attachment slots Slots that the camera housing clips are inserted into to attach the camera body to the ceiling mounting adapter. 3.
Camera Body View 1. Ethernet port Accepts power and Ethernet connection to the network. The camera can only be powered by Power over Ethernet (PoE). Server communication and image data transmission also occur over this connection. 2. Camera housing clips Clips that attach the camera body to the mounting adapter.
5. Infrared illuminator (optional) The infrared illuminator is available on selected models. 6. Connection status LED indicator Provides information about device operation. For more information, see Connection Status LED Indicator on page 20. 7. Firmware revert button Used to reset the camera. For more information, see Resetting to Factory Default Settings on page 22.
Installation Required Tools and Materials The following tools are required to complete the installation but are not included in the package: No. 2 Phillips screwdriver — for attaching camera to an electrical box or mounting surface. Camera Package Contents Ensure the package contains the following: Avigilon H4 Mini Dome Camera (H4M-D), the "camera".
1. Use the in-ceiling mounting template to cut an entry hole for the camera into the ceiling. 2. Insert the in-ceiling mounting adapter into the entry hole then pull the required cable through the adapter. Using the In-Ceiling Mounting Adapter...
3. Pull off the clamp retainer holding the clamps in place. 4. Push the orange clamp handles up so that the metal arms extend outside the mounting adapter. Using the In-Ceiling Mounting Adapter...
5. With your thumb on the outside edge of the mounting adapter and your forefinger on one of the orange clamp handles, pinch the clamp down until the clamp is secured. 6. Repeat the previous step on the other side. Make sure both clamps are level and horizontal. Installing the Camera Base to the Mounting Adapter Note: Be careful not to scratch or touch the dome bubble.
adapter. The connection status LED indicator will turn on once a network link has been established. 2. Position the camera in the mounting adapter, reinserting the connected cable through the cable entry hole. 3. Align the camera housing clips on the camera base to the camera attachment retainers on the mounting adapter.
Avigilon Control Center software version 7.4 or later, or version 6.14.12 or later: when connecting a camera in the factory default state, the client software will ask you to create a new user. For more information, see the Avigilon Control Center Client User Guide. Avigilon Blue service v3.0 or later: when adding a camera you will be asked to create a new user for cameras in the factory default state.
Accessing the Live Video Stream Live video stream can be viewed using one of the following methods: Web browser interface: http://< camera IP address>/. Network Video Management software application (for example, the Avigilon Control Center™ software). Note: Depending on the manufacture date of your camera, you will have one of the two options below to log in for the first time: Cameras manufactured after January 1, 2020: these cameras do not have a default username or password and will be in a factory default state.
3. Swivel the locking latch to lock it into the closed position. 4. In the camera web browser interface or the Avigilon Control Center software, adjust the camera’s Image and Display settings. Attaching the Bezel After you lock the camera in place, attach the bezel to the mounting adapter, by completing the following steps: Attaching the Bezel...
1. Locate the two clips on the inner side of the bezel. 2. Place the bezel up against the mounting adapter with the clips slightly to the left of the bezel mounting clips on the mounting adapter. 3. Rotate the bezel clockwise until it snaps into place. Configuring the Camera Once installed, use one of the following methods to configure the camera: If you have the USB Wifi Adapter, you can access the mobile web interface to configure the camera.
For More Information Additional information about setting up and using the device is available in the following guides: Avigilon Control Center Client User Guide Web Interface User Guide — Avigilon High Definition H4 and H5 IP Cameras Avigilon Camera Configuration Tool User Guide Designing a Site with Avigilon Video Analytics These guides are available on help.avigilon.com...
Connection Status LED Indicator Once connected to the network, the Connection Status LED indicator will display the progress in connecting to the Network Video Management software. The following table describes what the LED indicator shows: Connection State Connection Status Description LED Indicator Obtaining One short flash...
Removing the Camera from the Mounting Adapter 1. Twist the bezel counter-clockwise until it releases. Some force will be required to release the bezel and you will hear a click as it is released. 2. Pinch the camera housing clips in the attachment slots to release the camera body from the ceiling mount and pull the camera out of the mount.
Resetting to Factory Default Settings If the device no longer functions as expected, you can choose to reset the device to its factory default settings. Use the firmware revert button to reset the device. The firmware revert button is shown in the following diagram: 1.
Setting the IP Address Using the ARP/Ping Method Complete the following steps to configure the camera to use a specific IP address: Note: The ARP/Ping Method will not work if the Disable setting static IP address through ARP/Ping method check box is selected in the camera's web browser interface. For more information, see the Avigilon High Definition H4 and H5 IP Camera Web Interface User Guide.
Specifications Camera Lens 2.8mm, F1.2, IR Corrected HFOV (Angle of 1.3 MP: (5:4) 74°; (16:9) 110° View) 2.0 MP: (5:4) 74°; (16:9) 110° 3.0 MP: (5:4) 94°; (16:9) 100°, (4:3) 100° Network Network 100Base-TX Cabling Type CAT5 Connector RJ-45 ONVIF® ONVIF compliant with version 1.02, 2.00, Profile S (www.onvif.org) Security Password protection, HTTPS encryption, digest authentication, WS authentication, user access log, 802.1x port based authentication...
Power Consumption 4 W Power Source PoE: IEEE802.3af Class 2 compliant RTC Backup Battery 3V manganese lithium Environmental Operating 0 °C to 50 °C (32 °F to 122 °F) Temperature Storage -30 °C to 70 °C (-22 °F to 158 °F) Temperature Humidity 0-95% non-condensing...
Limited Warranty and Technical Support Avigilon warranty terms for this product are provided at avigilon.com/warranty. Warranty service and technical support can be obtained by contacting Avigilon Technical Support: avigilon.com/contact-us/. Limited Warranty and Technical Support...