Read the following instruction carefully before using machine for the fi rst
• This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above and
persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of
experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction
concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards
• Children shall not play with the appliance.
• Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children without
• Keep the iron and its cord out of reach of children less than 8 years of age
when it is energized or cooling down.
• The surfaces are liable to get hot during use .
• This product is appropriate for use with tap water. It is recommended to use
Electrolux AquaSense fi ltered water, taking out impurities like limescale.
Otherwise use destilled water. If the tap water is particularly hard, use a mix of
50% destilled water and 50% tap water.
• The appliance may only be connected to a power supply whose voltage and
frequency comply with the specifi cations on the rating plate!
• The iron is not to be used if it has been dropped, if there are visible signs of
damage on the iron or its cord or if it is leaking.
• The appliance must only be connected to an earthed socket.
• If the appliance or the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the
manufacturer, its service agent or similarly qualifi ed person, in order to avoid
• The iron must be used and rested on a stable surface. When placing the iron
on its stand, ensure that the surface on which the stand is placed is stable.
• Never leave the appliance unattended while connected to the supply mains.
• The appliance must be switched off and the mains plug withdrawn each time
after use, before cleaning and maintenance.
• The plug must be removed from the socket outlet before the water reservoir is
fi lled with water.
• The mains cable must not come into contact with any hot parts of the
• Do not immerse the appliance in water or any other liquid.
• Do not exceed the maximum fi lling volume as indicated on the appliances.
• The fi lling aperture must not be opened during use.
• Before refi lling of the water reservoir, please remove plug from socket.
• This appliance is intended for domestic use only. The manufacturer cannot
accept any liability for possible damage caused by improper or incorrect use.
• Do not pour vinegar, descalers or other scented substances into the tank.
Otherwise the warranty may be revoked.
• Warning! Before cleaning, always disconnect the plug from the power point
and allow the iron to cool down on its stand.
The appliance confi rm to the Directive 2006/95/CE and to Directive EMC
2004/108/CE. ALWAYS KEEP THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
ELU IFU-EDBS7135AR.indd 14
ELU IFU-EDBS7135AR.indd 14