External Equipment V
External Equipment V
- To enjoy vivid picture and sound, connect a PC to the set.
- Avoid keeping a fixed image on the set's screen for a long period of time. The fixed image may become permanently imprint-
ed on the screen; use a screen saver when possible.
- Connect PC to the RGB IN(PC IN) or HDMI-DVI IN(DIGITAL RGB IN) port of the set; change the resolution output of PC
- There might be a noise according to some resolution, vertical pattern, contrast or brightness in PC mode. Then change the
PC mode into other resolution or change the refresh rate into other rate or adjust the brightness and contrast on the menu
until the picture is clean. If the refresh rate of the PC graphic card can not be changed, change the PC graphic card or con-
sult it to the manufacturer of the PC graphic card.
- The synchronization input form for Horizontal and Vertical frequencies is separate.
Setup Instructions to Connect a PC to your set
- We recommend using 1024x768, 60Hz for the PC mode, they provide the best picture quality.
- In 42PC3MV series. 640x480p, 60Hz provide the best picture quality.
- If the resolution of PC is over UXGA, there will be no picture on the set.
- Connect the signal cable from the monitor output port of the PC to the RGB IN port of the set or the signal cable from the DVI
output port of the PC to the HDMI/DVI IN port on the set.
- Connect the audio cable from the PC to the Audio input on the set. (Audio cables are not included with the set).
- If using a sound card, adjust PC sound as required.
- This set apply a VESA Plug and Play Solution. The set provides EDID data to the PC system with a DDC protocol. The PC
adjusts automatically to use this set.
- DDC protocol is preset for RGB (Analog RGB), DVI (Digital RGB) mode.
- If required, adjust the set settings for Plug and Play functionally.
- If graphic card on the PC does not output analog and digital RGB simultaneously, connect only one of both RGB IN or
HDMI/DVI IN to display the PC on the set.
If graphic card on the PC output analog and digital RGB simultaneously, set the set to either RGB or HDMI; (the other mode
is set to Plug and Play automatically by the set.)
- DOS mode may not work depending on video card if using a DVI-I cable.
1. Turn on the PC and apply power to the set.
2. Turn on the display by pressing the POWER button on the set.
3. Use the INPUT to select the
4. Set the resolution output of the PC to SXGA or under (1280 x 1024, 60Hz).
Owner's Manual 9