GENERAL OPERATIONAL PRECAUTIONS
1. Keep work area clean. Cluttered areas and benches
2. Avoid dangerous environment. Don't expose power
tools and charger to rain. Don't use power tools
and charger in damp or wet locations. And keep
work area well lit.
Never use power tools and charger near flammable
or explosive materials.
Do not use tool and charger in presence of
flammable liquids or gases.
3. The appliance is not intended for use by young
children or infirm persons without supervision.
Young children should be supervised to ensure that
they do not play with the appliance. All visitors
should be kept safe distance from work area.
4. Store idle tools and charger. When not in use, tools
and charger should be stored in dry, high or locked-
up place — out of reach or children. Store tools
and charger in a place in which the temperature
is less than 40°C.
5. Don't abuse cord. Never carry charger by cord or
yank it to disconnect from receptacle. Keep cord
from heat, oil and sharp edges.
6. When the charger is not in use or when being
maintained and inspected, disconnect the power
cord of the charger from the receptacle.
7. To avoid danger, always use only the specified
8. Use only genuine HITACHI replacement parts.
9. Do not use power tools and charger for applications
other than those specified in the Handling
10. To avoid personal injury, use only the accessories
or attachment recommended in these handling
instructions or in the HITACHI catalog.
11. If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced
by the manufacture or its service agent or a similarly
qualified person in order to avoid a hazard.
Let only the authorized service center do the
repairing. The Manufacture will not be responsible
for any damages or injuries caused by repair by
the unauthorized persons or by mishandling of the
12. To ensure the designed operational integrity of
power tools and charger, do not remove installed
covers or screws.
13. Always use the charger at the voltage specified on
14. Always charge the battery before use.
15. Never use a battery other than that specified. Do
16. Do not use a transformer containing a booster.
17. Do not charge the battery from an engine electric
18. Always charge indoors. Because the charger and
19. Use the exploded assembly drawing on this handling
PRECAUTIONS FOR CHARGER
1. Always charge the battery at an ambient temperature
2. Do not use the charger continuously.
3. Do not leave the battery in the charger for too long.
4. Do not carry the charger by the cord. It may damage
5. Do not allow foreign matter to enter the hole for
6. Never disassemble the rechargeable battery or
7. Never short-circuit the rechargeable battery.
8. Do not dispose of the battery in fire.
9. Using an exhausted battery will damage the charger.
10. Bring the battery to the shop from which it was
11. Do not insert objects into the air ventilation slots
not connect a usual dry cell, a rechargeable battery
other than that specified or a car battery to the
generator or DC power supply.
battery heat slightly during charging, charge the
battery in a place not exposed to direct sunlight;
where the humidity is low and the ventilation is
instructions only for authorized servicing.
of 0–40°C. A temperature of less than 0°C will result
in over charging which is dangerous. The battery
cannot be charged at a temperature greater than
The most suitable temperature for charging is that
When one charging is completed, leave the charger
for about 15 minutes before the next charging of
It will shorten the battery service life.
connecting the rechargeable battery.
Short-circuiting the battery will cause a great electric
current and overheat. It results in burn or damage
to the battery.
If the battery is burnt, it may explode.
purchased as soon as the post-charging battery life
becomes too short for practical use. Do not dispose
of the exhausted battery.
of the charger.
Inserting metal objects or flammable into the charger
air ventilation slots will result in an electrical shock
hazard or damage to the charger.