GENERAL OPERATIONAL PRECAUTIONS
1. Keep work area clean. Cluttered areas and benches
2. Avoid dangerous environment. Don't expose power
tools and charger to rain. Don't use power tools and
charger in damp or wet locations. And keep work area
Never use power tools and charger near ﬂ ammable or
Do not use tool and charger in presence of ﬂ ammable
liquids or gases.
3. This appliance is not intended for use by persons
(including children) with reduced physical, sensory
or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and
knowledge, unless they have been given supervision
or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a
person responsible for their safety.
Children should be supervised to ensure that they do
not play with the appliance.
4. Store idle tools and charger. When not in use, tools
and charger should be stored in dry, high or locked-
up place — out of reach or children. Store tools and
charger in a place in which the temperature is less
5. Don't abuse cord. Never carry charger by cord or yank
it to disconnect from receptacle. Keep cord from heat,
oil and sharp edges.
6. When the charger is not in use or when being
maintained and inspected, disconnect the power cord
of the charger from the receptacle.
7. To avoid danger, always use only the speciﬁ ed
8. Use only genuine HITACHI replacement parts.
9. Do not use power tools and charger for applications
other than those speciﬁ ed in the Handling Instructions.
10. To avoid personal injury, use only the accessories
or attachment recommended in these handling
instructions or in the HITACHI catalog.
11. If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced
by the manufacture or its service agent or a similarly
qualiﬁ ed person in order to avoid a hazard.
Let only the authorized service center do the
repairing. The Manufacture will not be responsible
for any damages or injuries caused by repair by the
unauthorized persons or by mishandling of the tool.
12. To ensure the designed operational integrity of power
tools and charger, do not remove installed covers or
For charging the HITACHI BATTERY BCL715.
13. Always use the charger at the voltage speciﬁ ed on the
14. Always charge the battery before use.
15. Never use a battery other than that speciﬁ ed. Do not
connect a usual dry cell, a rechargeable battery other
than that speciﬁ ed or a car battery to the power tool.
16. Do not use a transformer containing a booster.
17. Do not charge the battery from an engine electric
generator or DC power supply.
18. Always charge indoors. Because the charger and
battery heat slightly during charging, charge the
battery in a place not exposed to direct sunlight; where
the humidity is low and the ventilation is good.
19. Use the exploded assembly drawing on this handling
instructions only for authorized servicing.
PRECAUTIONS FOR CHARGER
1. Always charge the battery at a temperature of 0– 40°C.
Charging the battery at temperatures outside the
range of 0 – 40°C may prevent proper charging and
reduce battery life.
The most suitable temperature for charging is that of
2. Do not use the charger continuously.
When one charging is completed, leave the charger for
about 15 minutes before the next charging of battery.
3. Do not allow foreign matter to enter the hole for
connecting the rechargeable battery.
4. Never disassemble the rechargeable battery or
5. Never short-circuit the rechargeable battery.
Short-circuiting the battery will cause a great electric
current and overheat. It results in burn or damage to
6. Do not dispose of the battery in ﬁ re.
If the battery is burnt, it may explode.
7. Using an exhausted battery will damage the charger.
8. Bring the battery to the shop from which it was
purchased as soon as the post-charging battery life
becomes too short for practical use. Do not dispose of
the exhausted battery.
9. Do not insert objects into the air ventilation slots of the
Inserting metal objects or ﬂ ammable into the charger
air ventilation slots will result in an electrical shock
hazard or damage to the charger.
Before using the power tool, charge the battery as follows.
1. Connect the charger's power cord to the receptacle
When connecting the plug of the charger to a
receptacle, the pilot lamp will blink in red (At 1-second