Hitachi Charger Models UC 9SF, UC 12SF, UC 14SF and UC 18SF 2. MARKETING OBJECTIVE The Models UC 9SF, UC 12SF, UC 14SF and UC 18SF are inexpensive 9.6 V, 12 V, 14.4 V and 18 V chargers, respectively, that were developed to promote the sales of our low-cost cordless tools.
5. SPECIFICATIONS 5-1. Specifications Maker Models UC 9SF UC 12SF UC 14SF UC 18SF Item Frequency: 50 Hz, 60 Hz Power supply Voltage: 230 V Input capacity 12 W 18 W 23 W Voltage drop method Isolating transformer with center tap...
Salespersons must be thoroughly familiar with the contents of the Handling Instructions in order to give pertinent advice to the customer. (1) The charged battery voltages are fixed to 9.6 V for the UC 9SF, 12 V for the UC 12SF, 14.4 V for the UC 14SF, and 18 V for the UC 18SF.
This condition is common to all existing chargers (both Hitachi's and its competitor's models) that employ temperature-sensitive devices to terminate charging. The cooling period required before charging varies from a few minutes to about 30 minutes, depending on how long the battery was used and the ambient temperature.
7. REFERENCE MATERIAL 7-1. Structure (1) The outer frame consists of . The printed circuit board is located Case (A)  Case (B)  inside this frame. (2) The printed circuit board consists of other electronic devices to permit rapid charging and protect against overcharging.
UC 18SF + - - 28.1 to 34.2 In Adaptors UC 9SF and UC 12SF, the terminal functions as a negative terminal - . • Connect the battery to the charger for charging. Make sure the Battery Set lamp lights.
(1) Failure Mode (A) Steps and Repair Procedures The battery was inserted into the adapter, but the Battery Set lamp remains off. Use a tester to check voltage. Apply rated voltage. Rated voltage on power outlet? The rated voltage is 230 VAC. Adapter terminal Replace AC adapter.
(2) Failure Mode (B) Steps and Repair Procedures The battery was inserted into the adapter and the Battery Set lamp goes on, but charging does not start. Ambient temperature Regulate ambient temperature. Set ambient temperature in the range of 0 to 40°C. The battery is not charged if the Battery body hot? body temperature is 40°C or...
(3) Failure Mode (C) Steps and Repair Procedures Too hot battery or adapter Replace the battery. Battery too hot? The battery is hot immediately after full charging. It's not a problem. AC adapter too hot? Use a tester to check voltage. Rated voltage on power Apply rated voltage.