DEL YED BREWING
1. Follow steps 1 through 9 under BREWING COFFEE.
2. Make sure clock has been set to correct time of day.
3. Press the PROG button (the word PROGR M appears above the time on the LCD);
the UTO light flashes.
4. To select the time for delayed brewing: Press HOUR button until the correct time
appears on the display. Repeat with the MIN button. Press the PROG button again.
The delayed brewing time is set.
5. Press the UTO button to activate the delayed brewing. The UTO button light is
displayed on the LCD. It will flash several times then remain constant. The word
UTO appears above the time.
6. To check the preset auto time, press PROG button and it will display the time
selected for delay brewing to begin. (The UTO light will blink until the UTO
button is pressed.)
7. When programmed time is reached, the blue light next to the PROG light comes on
and brewing begins.
8. To cancel the UTO brew, press the ON/OFF button. ll lights are off.
COFFEE BREWING TIPS
• Stir coffee in carafe before serving to evenly distribute the flavor and temperature.
• Coffee that is poured during brewing cycle may vary in strength and temperature
from the finished brew.
• Not sure how much coffee to use – begin by using 1 rounded scoop of medium
grind coffee for each cup of coffee to be brewed.
• Never reuse coffee filters; they absorb flavors from the brewed coffee and will give
the newly brewed coffee a stale flavor. They may also tear and allow grinds.
• Freshly ground coffee beans give the best flavor. Grind what is needed just before
• If carafe filled with coffee is left in the appliance, be sure to remove the coffee
grounds from the filter basket as soon as they have cooled slightly. This will keep
the coffee from developing a bitter taste.
• For a special occasion, whip some heavy cream with 1 or 2 tablespoons of hazel
nut, chocolate or almond liqueur. Use to top off each cup of coffee.
dd a 2-inch piece of vanilla bean to the sugar bowl. You'll be surprised at how it
flavors the coffee.
• Keep your coffeemaker very clean; you'll be pleased with the flavor.
• For iced coffee brew the coffee with twice the normal amount of grounds. The ice
dilutes the coffee flavor. Or make coffee ice cubes from left over coffee and brew
your coffee at its normal strength.
• Remember when pouring hot liquid into a glass, always put a spoon in the glass
before adding the hot liquid. The spoon absorbs the heat and the glass will not
• Rinse both the carafe and the brew basket holder with warm water immediately
after each use to maintain good coffee flavor.
Care and Cleaning
This product contains no user serviceable parts. Refer service to qualified service
Caution: Do not expose the control panel to water. Water may cause permanent
damage and make the coffeemaker inoperable.
1. Make sure the unit is unplugged and cooled before cleaning.
2. Remove filter basket by grasping the integrated handle and pulling out.
3. Discard the paper filter with the grounds.
4. Clean parts as follows:
• Filter basket and carafe are top-rack dishwasher-safe; or they may be hand
washed in warm, sudsy water.
• Wipe the exterior and "Keep Hot" carafe plate with a soft damp cloth. Do not use
abrasive cleansers or scouring pads.
TRE T C R FE WITH C RE
damaged carafe may result in possible burns from a hot liquid. To avoid breaking:
• Do not allow all liquid to evaporate from the carafe while on the "Keep Hot" carafe
plate or heat the carafe when empty.
• Discard the carafe if damaged in any manner.
• Never use abrasive scouring pads or cleansers; they will scratch and weaken
• Do not place the carafe on or near a hot gas or electric burner, in a heated oven or
in a microwave.
void rough handling and sharp blows.
MINER L DEPOSITS ND CLOGGING
Mineral deposits left by hard water can clog your coffeemaker. Excessive steaming
and/or a prolonged brewing cycle are signs that cleaning is needed. The frequency of
cleaning out deposits is affected by the regularity of usage and water hardness. During
cleaning, more steaming occurs than when brewing coffee and may emit spurts of
steam. Cleaning is recommended every 60 brewing cycles.
1. Fill carafe with white vinegar up to 6-cup water line. dd water up to 8-cup line.
Remove the water reservoir and fill with vinegar mixture. Replace reservoir.
Caution: Do not overfill water reservoir.
2. Put a paper filter in the filter basket and replace. Set empty carafe on the "Keep
Hot" carafe plate.
3. Turn on coffeemaker and let half the cleaning solution brew into carafe (until water
level is around the 3-cup line in the carafe). Turn coffeemaker off and let it soak for
at least 15 minutes to soften the deposits.
4. Turn on coffeemaker and brew remaining cleaning solution into carafe.
5. Turn off coffeemaker, empty carafe and discard filter.
chip or crack could result in