How to Use
This appliance is for household use only.
BEFORE FIRST USE
• For warranty verification, do not remove line cord tag.
• Please go to www.prodprotect.com/applica to register your warranty.
• Wash all removable parts in hot soapy water, rinse and dry thoroughly as directed
in the C RE ND CLE NING section of this manual.
• Grasp the integrated handle on the water reservoir and remove it from the
• If desired, remove the cover from the reservoir to make filling the reservoir easier.
• Pour fresh cold water up to 8-cup level mark into the water reservoir (N).
• Replace cover, if removed. Replace water reservoir into coffeemaker; make sure
it snaps into place securely.
• Grasp the integrated handle on the removable brew basket and remove brew
• Place empty 8 to 12 cup basket style paper filter into removable brew basket (P).
• Replace brew basket; make sure it snaps into place securely.
• To place brew-through lid on carafe, press the side buttons and press the lid into
place securely on the thermal carafe with the spout facing away from the handle
Note: Once cover is securely in place the side buttons will return to their original
position on the brew-through cover.
• Insert carafe securely along slots of carafe holder. Make sure carafe is fully inserted.
• Plug power cord into standard electrical outlet. Water reservoir light will be
illuminated and remain on as long as the appliance is plugged in.
• Brew water through appliance following the BREWING COFFEE instructions without
adding coffee grounds. This removes any dust or residue that may remain in the
system during the manufacturing process.
• When brewing is complete, discard the water from the carafe and paper filter from
• Turn off the appliance; unplug it and allow appliance to cool down.
SETTING THE CLOCK
You may set the clock before, during or after the brewing cycle.
To set current time: Press the HOUR, then MIN buttons until you reach the current
time. Hold down buttons to advance quickly.
SETTING THE UTO BREW FUNCTION
1. Plug appliance into standard electrical outlet. Water reservoir light will be
2. The digital clock display flashes 12:00 (R).