• Before connecting cords, make sure to disconnect
the AC power cord (mains lead).
• Connect image display components such as a TV
monitor or a projector to the MONITOR VIDEO
OUT jack on the receiver. You may not be able to
record, even if you connect recording components.
• Turn on the receiver when the video and audio of a
playback component are being output to a TV via
the receiver. If the power supply of the receiver is
not turned on, neither video nor audio is
• Depending on the status of the connection between
the TV and the antenna (aerial), the image on the
TV screen may be distorted. In this case, place the
antenna (aerial) farther away from the receiver.
• The receiver has a video conversion function. For
details, see "Notes on converting video signals"
• The sound of the TV is output from the speakers
connected to the receiver if you connect the audio
output jack of the TV and the TV IN jacks of the
receiver. In this configuration, set the sound output
jack of the TV to "Fixed" if it can be switched
between either "Fixed" or "Variable."
• The screen saver is activated when the GUI menu
is displayed on the TV screen and there has been no
operation attempted for 15 minutes.