• The power requirements and power consumption of this
unit are indicated on the AC adaptor. Check that the unit's
operating voltage is identical with your local power supply.
• Caution – The use of optical instruments with this product
will increase eye hazard.
• To prevent fire or shock hazard, do not place objects filled
with liquids, such as vases, on the apparatus.
• Should any solid object or liquid fall into the cabinet,
unplug the player and have it checked by qualified per-
sonnel before operating it any further.
• Do not put any foreign objects in the DC IN 9.8V (external
power input) jack.
• This car adaptor is not intended to be serviced.
Should the product cease to function in its intended
manner, it should be returned to the manufacturer or to be
On temperature increases
• Heat may build up while charging or during extented use.
This is not a malfunction.
• If the surrounding temperature is very high, the protective
function will turn off the player automatically.
Leave the player in a cool location for about 30 minutes
before using it again.
On power sources
• Use only the supplied AC adaptor. Do not use any other
AC adaptor. It may cause a malfunction.
Polarity of the plug
• If the AC adaptor causes interference to radio reception,
move it away from the radio.
• Do not touch the AC adaptor with wet hands.
• Even when the player is turned off, it is still connected to
the AC power source (mains) as long as it remains
connected to the wall outlet.
• If you are not going to use the player for a long time, be
sure to disconnect the player from the wall outlet. To dis-
connect the AC power cord (mains lead), grasp the plug
itself; never pull the cord.
• Should the AC power cord need to be changed, have it
done at a qualified service shop only.
• Use a commercially available AC plug adaptor, if neces-
sary, depending on the design of the wall outlet.
AC plug adaptor