On handling the player
• Keep the lens on the player clean and do not touch it. If
you do so, the lens may be damaged, and the player will
not operate properly.
• Place the player in a location with adequate ventilation to
prevent heat build-up in the player.
• Do not put any heavy object on top of the player. The
player and the discs may be damaged.
• Do not leave the player in a location near heat sources, or
in a place subject to direct sunlight, excessive dust or
sand, moisture, rain, mechanical shock, on an unlevel
surface, or in a car with its windows closed.
• Do not wrap the player in a cloth or blanket during use as
it may cause malfunction or serious accidents.
• If the player causes interference to radio or television
reception, turn off the player or move it away from the
radio or television.
• Keep the player and discs away from equipment with
strong magnets, such as microwave ovens, or large loud-
• Do not install this equipment in a confined space such as
a bookshelf or similar unit.
• If the player is brought directly from a cold to warm loca-
tion, or is placed in a very damp place, moisture may con-
dense on the lenses of the player. Should this occur, the
player may not operate properly. In this case, remove the
disc and leave the player for about half an hour until the
• Discs with non-standard shapes (e.g, heart, square, star)
cannot be played on this player. Do not use such discs.
• While operating, do not move, shake or otherwise allow
any shock to the player. It may cause a malfunction.
• Use this player in a stable, horizontal position where it is
not subject to vibration.
• Do not touch the disc if it is still spinning when you open
• Before moving the player, remove any disc from it.
If you don't, the disc may be damaged.