Playing a disc
Insert the disc (labelled side up).
Playback starts automatically.
If a disc is already inserted, press (SOURCE)
repeatedly until "CD" appears to start playback.
Z or (OFF)
Eject the disc
[once for each track]
– Manual Search
[hold to desired point]
– Albums selection
* Available only when an MP3 file is played.
To skip tracks continuously, press (SEEK) (+) or
(SEEK) (–), then press again within 1 second
• Before playing a track, this unit reads all track and
album information on the disc. Depending on the
track structure, it may take more than a minute
before playback begins. During this time, "READ" is
displayed. Please wait for play to start automatically
when the reading is complete.
• Depending on the condition of the disc, it may not
play back (page 6, 7).
• While the first/last track on the disc is playing, if
(SEEK) (–) or (SEEK) (+) is pressed, playback skips
to the last/first track of the disc.
• When the last track on the disc is over, playback
restarts from the first track of the disc.
• If you play a high-bit rate MP3 file such as 320 kbps,
sound may be intermittent.
When the disc/album/track changes, any
of the new disc/album/track is
automatically displayed (if A.SCRL (Auto
Scroll) is set to "ON," names exceeding 8
characters will be scrolled (page 20)).
• Track number/Elapsed playing time
• Disc name*
• Album (folder) name*
• Track (file) name*
• ID3 tag*
Switch display item (DSPL)
*1 When pressing (DSPL), "NO NAME" indicates that
there is no prerecorded name to display.
*2 Only for CD TEXT discs with the artist name.
*3 Only for MP3 files.
Only track name/artist name/album name in ID3
tag is displayed.
When pressing (DSPL), "NO ID3" indicates that
there is no ID3 tag to display.
• Some characters cannot be displayed.
• For some CD TEXT discs with very many
characters, information may not scroll.
• This unit cannot display the artist name for each
track of a CD TEXT disc.
Notes on MP3
• ID3 tag applies to version 1.0, 1.1, 2.2, 2.3 and 2.4.
• Some characters and signs cannot be displayed
(appear as " *"). The maximum number of
displayable characters for an album (folder) name/
track (file) is 64 (Romeo) or 32 (Joliet); ID3 tag 30
characters (1.0 and 1.1) or 126 characters (2.2, 2.3
• In the following cases, elapsed playing time may not
be displayed accurately.
– when an MP3 file of VBR (variable bit rate) is
– during fast-forward/reverse.
• When A.SCRL (Auto Scroll) is set to "OFF" and the
disc/album/track is changed, the disc/album/track
name does not scroll.
• When an MP3 file is played and the album is
changed, the new album number is displayed.