5. PRINTER TRANSPORTATION
This section describes the procedures for transporting the printer for returning after repair, etc.
1) In the service mode, press the Power button to finish the mode, and confirm that the paper lifting plate of
the rear tray is raised.
2) Keep the print head and ink tanks installed in the carriage.
See Caution 1 below.
3) Turn off the printer to securely lock the carriage in the home position. (When the printer is turned off, the
carriage is automatically locked in place.)
See Caution 2 below.
(1) If the print head is removed from the printer and left alone by itself, ink is likely to
dry. For this reason, keep the print head installed in the printer even during
(2) Securely lock the carriage in the home position, to prevent the carriage from
moving and applying stress to the carriage flexible cable, or causing ink leakage,
during transportation. Make sure that the carriage is locked in place at power-off.
- If the print head must be removed from the printer and transported alone, attach the protective
cap (used when the packing was opened) to the print head (to protect the print head face from
damage due to shocks).
- If the packing material that fixed the carriage from the factory is still available, re-use it to fix
the carriage (to prevent the carriage unlocked during transportation).
<5. PRINTER TRANSPORTATION>
53 / 53
TABLE OF CONTENTS