5. Entry mode. The command line has three entry modes, each
suited to entering certain types of objects. Entry modes change auto-
matically as you key in objects, but sometimes you want manual
key enables you to select the entry mode you want.
6. Command and unit listings (shifted). Press
listing of all HP-28S commands and their required arguments (page
for a listing of the units recognized in unit conver-
sion (page 141).
7. Annunciators. The annunciators indicate the status of the calcu-
lator. When an annunciator is visible, it indicates the following:
Shift key. was pressed.
Alpha entry mode.
Busy, not ready for input.
Sending data to printer.
8. Command line. The text you key in goes in the command line.
9. Shift key. Press the colored shift key. to execute a command
printed in color above a key.
10. Enter command line. Press
to process the text in the
11. Delimiter for symbolic objects. Delimiters are punctuation
that identify types of objects; symbolic objects are names and
algebraics. To key in a symbolic object, press
at the beginning and
(when necessary) the end of the object.