Executing the Command Line
When you press
(or a key that performs ENTER in the current
entry mode), the calculator does the following:
1. The busy annunciator «e") is turned on.
If UNDO is enabled, a copy of the current stack is saved.
3. The text string in the command line is searched for object delim-
iters and separators, then broken into the corresponding
4. Each substring of text is tested against syntax rules to identify its
If COMMAND is enabled, a copy of the command line is saved
in the command stack.
6. The command line is executed.
7. The busy annunciator «e") is turned off.
If a substring fails the syntax tests in step 4, steps 5 and 6 are not
is displayed, and the incorrect
text is highlighted in inverse characters, followed by the cursor. If the
error resulted from incomplete syntax, the cursor is positioned at the
end of the line.
Editing Existing Objects
You can return an existing object to the command line, view it or edit
it using command-line operations, and replace the original object with
the modified object if desired.
Edit Level 1.
Returns the object in level 1 to the
n. Returns the object in level
Edit a Variable.
Returns the contents of the speci-
fied variable to the command line.
18: The Command Line