. , MENUS 1
Turns Menu Lock on and off. When Menu
Lock is on, the shifted and unshifted "positions" are
switched for the top three rows of the lefthand keyboard
(letter keys [EJ through
You don't need to press.
but you need to press.
before the letters A through
Cancels the command line.
Object Delimiters and Separators
To enter more than one object or command into the same command
line, you must separate them by one of the following:
• An object delimiter: (
# " , .,:
• A space or newline. Pressing . ,
inserts a "newline" char-
acter (line-feed) into the command line at the cursor position.
Newline characters are equivalent to spaces when the command
line is executed.
• A comma (assuming you haven't selected the comma to act as the
To make object entry easier, there are three entry modes-Immediate,
Algebraic, and Alpha-for entering different types of objects. Remem-
ber the distinctions made in the previous chapter, "Operations,
Commands, and Functions":
• Operations are not programmable.
• Commands can appear in programs but not in algebraics.
• Functions (analytic and non-analytic) and names can appear in pro-
grams or algebraics.
18: The Command Line