There is a standard repair charge for out-of-warranty service. The
Calculator Service Center (listed on the inside of the back cover) can
tell you how much this charge is. The full charge is subject to the
customer's local sales or value-added tax wherever applicable.
Calculator products damaged by accident or misuse are not covered
by the fixed service charges. In these cases, charges are individually
determined based on time and material.
If your calculator requires service, ship it to the nearest authorized
service center or collection point. (You must pay the shipping charges
for delivery to the service center, whether or not the calculator is un-
der warranty.) Be sure to:
• Include your return address and description of the problem.
• Include proof of purchase date if the warranty has not expired.
• Include a purchase order, check, or credit card number plus expira-
tion date (VISA or MasterCard) to cover the standard repair charge.
• Ship the calculator in adequate protective packaging to prevent
damage. Such damage is not covered by the warranty, so we rec-
ommend that you insure the shipment.
• Pay the shipping charges for delivery to the Hewlett-Packard ser-
vice center, whether or not the calculator is under warranty.
Warranty on Service
Service is warranted against defects in materials and workmanship for
90 days from the date of service.
A: Assistance, Batteries, and Service