• Do not install a unit in a rack where the internal rack ambient temperatures will exceed the
manufacturer's recommended ambient temperature for all your rack-mounted devices.
• Do not install a unit in a rack where the air flow is compromised. Ensure that air flow is not
blocked or reduced on any side, front or back of a unit used for air flow through the unit.
• Consideration should be given to the connection of the equipment to the supply circuit so that
overloading of the circuits does not compromise the supply wiring or overcurrent protection. To
provide the correct power connection to a rack, refer to the rating labels located on the equipment
in the rack to determine the total power requirement of the supply circuit.
• (For sliding drawers): Do not pull out or install any drawer or feature if the rack stabilizer
brackets are not attached to the rack. Do not pull out more than one drawer at a time. The rack
might become unstable if you pull out more than one drawer at a time.
• (For fixed drawers): This drawer is a fixed drawer and must not be moved for servicing unless
specified by the manufacturer. Attempting to move the drawer partially or completely out of the
rack might cause the rack to become unstable or cause the drawer to fall out of the rack.
(R001 part 2 of 2)
Multiple power cords. The product might be equipped with multiple power cords. To
remove all hazardous voltages, disconnect all power cords. (L003)
This information contains all of the environmental notices for IBM Systems products in English and other
IBM Cloud Object Storage System: Slicestor 2212A Appliance Manual 3401-S10/3403-S10