Before calling for service, please review the Troubleshooting chart below, since the problem may not
be a unit malfunction.
Odors and smoke are not removed.
The DUST AND ODOR SIGN
illuminates green even when the
air is impure.
The DUST AND ODOR SIGN illu-
minates orange or red even when
the air is clean.
A clicking or ticking sound is heard
from the unit.
The discharged air has an odor.
The unit does not operate properly
when cigarette smoke is in the air.
The DUST AND ODOR SIGN is
The DUST AND ODOR SIGN lights
change colour frequently.
REMEDY (not a malfunction)
• Replace the filters if they appear to be heavily soiled.
• The air could be impure at the time the unit was plugged in.
Unplug the unit, wait one minute, and plug the unit in again.
• Sensor operation is affected if the Dust and odor sensor
openings are dirty or clogged. Gently clean the Dust and odor
• Clicking or ticking sounds may be audible when the unit is
• Check to see if the filters are heavily soiled.
• Clean or replace the filters.
• Plasmacluster Air Purifiers emit small traces of ozone which
may produce an odor.
• Is the unit installed in a location that is difficult for the sensor to
detect cigarette smoke?
• Is the dust and odor sensor opening blocked or clogged?
(In this case, clean the opening.) (Ref. E-9)
• Check to see if the Lights OFF Mode selected.
for 3 seconds to light On. (Ref. E-7)
Check to see if the SLEEP mode is selected.
The DUST AND ODOR/PLASMACLUSTER SIGN are turned off
automatically after the SLEEP mode is selected.
• The DUST AND ODOR SIGN lights automatically change
colours as impurities are detected by the Dust and odor sensor.