4. Grasp the Release Handle and pull out the Drum Drawer until it stops.
5. Remove the old drum cartridge by holding the finger rings provided at the both ends
of the drum cartridge and gently lifting up.
Drums are light sensitive. Do not leave the Drum Cartridge Drawer open for more
than one minute when replacing cartridges. Exposing the drum cartridges to direct
sunlight or strong light from indoor fluorescent lighting for more than one minute
may cause image quality defects.
6. Clean under drum cartridge area:
a) With the Drum Cartridge Drawer open, look for dry ink/toner waste on the bottom
of the catch pan under the drum cartridges.
b) Use a clean cloth to wipe down the catch pan.
7. Open the bag containing the new drum cartridge. Place the new drum cartridge near
Do not touch or scratch the surface of the drum when you take it out from the bag.
8. Unwrap the sheet covering the new drum cartridge and place it under the cartridge.
Some drum cartridges may include a protective film. If the film is present, remove
the film on the drum cartridge.
Quick Start Guide