Elapsed Recording Time Indication
Set the counter display.
Press DISPLAY until a counter reading appears on the
front display panel.
Reset the counter.
Press C.RESET before starting recording or playback.
● The counter is reset to "0:00:00" and shows the exact elapsed
time as the tape runs. You can check the exact time of a
recording or playback.
Tape Remaining Time
Press DISPLAY until the time remaining on the tape
● The front display panel shows the tape remaining time with ":"
● By pressing the DISPLAY button, you can change display to
show the channel position*, clock time, counter reading or
tape remaining time.
* Channel position is not displayed during playback.
● When you press ON SCREEN, the on-screen display appears
on the TV screen for 5 seconds, then the displays other than
the counter disappears. To clear the counter display, press ON
● Depending on the type of tape being used, the tape remaining
time reading may not appear right away, or is not correct.
"– –:– –" may sometimes appear with ":" blinking, or the
display may blink on occasion.
Second Audio Recording
This unit's built-in MTS decoder enables reception of
Multichannel TV Sound broadcast. To record a SAP program
received, set "2ND AUDIO RECORD" to "ON". (
When the channel is changed on the unit;
● The "STEREO" indicator appears on the screen for about
5 seconds if the program is a stereo broadcast.
● The "SAP" indicator appears on the screen for about 5 seconds
if the program is a SAP broadcast.
● Both indicators appear when a stereo program is accompanied
by SAP sound.