This function allows you to automatically record a
satellite program which is timer-programed on your
external DBS receiver. Connect a DBS receiver to the
unit's AUDIO/VIDEO input (F-1) connector and program
the timer on the DBS receiver. The unit starts or stops
recording by the signals input from the DBS receiver.
After recording, the unit's power shuts off automatically.
● You can also connect the cable box if it has a timer.
● Operation on the DVD deck are not possible when the Automatic Satellite Program Recording mode is engaged, or timer recording
is in progress.
● To disengage the Satellite Auto Recording mode, press REC LINK. The "N" indicator goes off.
● If the unit's power is off, it is not possible to engage the Satellite Auto Recording mode.
● In step C, if the "N" indicator does not light but instead blinks quickly even though your DBS receiver's power is off, Satellite Auto
Recording will not work properly with that DBS receiver*. If this is the case, perform "Express Timer Programing" (
timer-record a satellite program.
* Some DBS receivers output signals even if the power is off. Satellite Auto Recording is not possible with those DBS receivers.
● The "N" indicator blinks while Satellite Auto Recording is in progress.
● For timer programing of the DBS receiver, refer to the instruction manual of the DBS receiver.
● Satellite Auto Recording is not possible if your DBS receiver does not have a timer.
● Pressing the unit's POWER (1) button while Satellite Auto Recording is in progress turns off the unit's power and disengages the
Satellite Auto Recording mode.
● If there are more than one satellite programs you wish to record with Satellite Auto Recording, it is not possible to set different tape
speeds for each program.
● Depending on the type of DBS receiver, the unit may not record a slight portion of the beginning of the program or may record
slightly longer than the actual length of the program.
● If you engage the Satellite Auto Recording mode when the DBS receiver's power is on, the unit will not start Satellite Auto Recording
even though the "N" and "#" indicators blink. When the DBS receiver shuts off once and is turned back on again, the unit starts
● You can also record a program from your cable system in the same way if the system has a timer.
● Be sure not to turn on the DBS receiver before the program
is executed; otherwise, the unit will start recording when
the DBS receiver's power is turned on.
● If you have connected another appliance other than a DBS
receiver to the AUDIO/VIDEO input (F-1) connector, be
sure not to engage the Satellite Auto Recording mode;
otherwise, the unit will start recording when the connected
appliance's power is turned on.
● Satellite Auto Recording and timer-recording cannot be
done at the same time.
Before performing the following steps:
● Make sure the DBS receiver is connected to the unit's
AUDIO/VIDEO input (F-1) connector.
● Program the timer on the DBS receiver.
● Insert a cassette with the safety tab in place.
● Slide the TV/VCR/DVD switch to the right.
Select the VCR deck.
On the unit
Press VCR/DVD repeatedly so that the VCR indicator
On the Remote
Press VCR so that the VCR indicator lights up.
Set the tape speed.
Engage the Satellite Auto Recording mode.
Press and hold REC LINK for about 2 seconds. The "N"
and "#" indicators light up and the unit turns off
pg. 36) to