is an official trademark of DIRECTV, Inc., a unit of GM
Hughes Electronics. DISH Network
● Manufactured under license from Dolby Laboratories. "Dolby"
and the double-D symbol are trademarks of Dolby
● "DTS" and "DTS 2.0 + Digital Out" are trademarks of Digital
Theater Systems, Inc.
● Cassettes marked "VHS" (or "S-VHS") can be used with this
unit. However, S-VHS recording is not possible with this
● This model is equipped with SQPB (S-VHS QUASI PLAYBACK)
that makes it possible to play back S-VHS recordings with
regular VHS resolution.
● HQ VHS is compatible with existing VHS equipment.
● This product incorporates copyright protection technology that
is protected by method claims of certain U.S. patents and
other intellectual property rights owned by Macrovision
Corporation and other rights owners. Use of this copyright
protection technology must be authorized by Macrovision
Corporation, and is intended for home and other limited
viewing users only unless otherwise authorized by
Macrovision Corporation. Reverse engineering or disassembly
When the equipment is installed in a cabinet or a shelf,
make sure that it has sufficient space on all sides to allow
for ventilation (10 cm or more on both sides, on top and
at the rear.)
When discarding batteries, environmental problems must
be considered and the local rules or laws governing the
disposal of these batteries must be followed strictly.
Failure to heed the following precautions may result in
damage to the unit, Remote or video cassette.
1. DO NOT place the unit —
— in an environment prone to extreme temperatures
— in direct sunlight.
— in a dusty environment.
— in an environment where strong magnetic fields are
— on a surface that is unstable or subject to vibration.
2. DO NOT block the unit's ventilation openings or
(If the ventilation openings or holes are blocked by a
newspaper or cloth, etc., the heat may not be able to
3. DO NOT place heavy objects on the unit or Remote.
4. DO NOT place anything which might spill on top of
the unit or Remote.
(If water or liquid is allowed to enter this equipment,
fire or electric shock may be caused.)
5. DO NOT expose the apparatus to dripping or
6. DO NOT use this equipment in a bathroom or places
with water. Also DO NOT place any containers filled
with water or liquids (such as cosmetics or medicines,
flower vases, potted plants, cups, etc.) on top of this
is a trademark of Echostar
7. DO NOT place any naked flame sources, such as
lighted candles, on the apparatus.
8. AVOID violent shocks to the unit during transport.
Moisture in the air will condense on the unit when you
move it from a cold place to a warm place, or under
extremely humid conditions—just as water droplets form
in the surface of a glass filled with cold liquid. Moisture
condensation on the head drum will cause damage to the
tape. In conditions where condensation may occur, keep
the unit turned on for a few hours to let the moisture dry.
To mobile phone users:
Using a mobile phone in the vicinity of the unit may
cause picture vibration on the TV screen or change
the screen to a blue back display.
On placing the unit:
Some TVs or other appliances generates strong
magnetic fields. Do not place such appliance on top
of the unit as it may cause picture disturbance.