4.4.5 Optimization adjustment of Front End parameter
Adjustment to optimize Front End parameter must be performed in each mechanism assembly of this model for high-speed start-
ing.Please perform optimization according to the following procedures just after all-initialization is completed and when FDP shows
anything except "0" (For example when FDP shows "1", "2", and "3") at test mode.
(1) Set the unit to the test mode.
(2) The FDP shows the region number first.
(3) Press the DISPLAY key of the remote controller and check that FDP shows the number.
(4) Press the DISPLAY key again to return the region number.
Status of this adjustment can be judged by the number displayed at test mode as follows:
As for a disc used for adjustment,
• Disc should be mounted. ("Mounting" means to display "READ" after the disc is inserted and then display the disc informa-
tion.) Disc need not be played.
• If you do not have test disc either VT-501 (DVD) or CTS-1000 (CD-DA), use a commercial disc (for DVD, dual-layer soft-
ware) after seeing and checking that the disc is neither curved nor foreseen that it may shake at the time of playback.If you
use a disc with bad features, starting time may be slow or disc may not be read.
FDP at test mode