● Turn on the TV and select the VCR channel (or AV
● Slide the TV/VCR/DVD switch to the right.
Accidental erasure prevention
To prevent accidental recording on a recorded cassette,
remove its safety tab. To record on it later, cover the hole
with adhesive tape.
Record safety tab
OPERATIONS ON VCR DECK (cont.)
Record One Program While Watching
If your unit is connected to the TV via the AV connection,
press TV/VCR. The VCR indicator on the front display
panel and the TV broadcast being recorded disappear.
Once recording is in progress, all you need to do is to set
the channel controls on the TV for the station you wish to
● The program selected with the TV's channel controls appears
on the TV screen, while the one selected with the unit's CH
buttons is recorded on the tape.
You can also use the DVD deck in the following cases. Before
use, be sure to turn on the unit and select the DVD deck.
● During recording
● During timer recording
● During timer standby mode
Instant Timer Recording (ITR)
This easy method lets you record for from 30 minutes to 6 hours
(selectable in 30-min. increments), and shuts the unit off after
recording is finished.
Press REC (7) on the unit.
Engage the ITR mode.
Press REC (7) again. " " blinks and "0:30" appears on
the front display panel.
Set the recording duration.
If you want to record for more than 30 minutes, press
REC (7) to extend the time. Each press extends recording
time by 30 minutes.
● You can only perform ITR using the REC (7) button on the
unit's front panel.
● Still picture playback stops automatically after 5 minutes to
protect the heads.
● When the end of the tape is reached during timer recording,
the unit stops and "
" and "$" blink on the front display
● When the end of the tape is reached during timer recording or
Instant Timer Recording, the unit is turned off and "
"$" blink on the front display panel.
● During Instant Timer Recording, any other timer programed
recording won't start even if their start time has come. In such
a case, the timer programed recording starts (if the end time of
the timer programed recording is set after the end of Instant
Timer Recording) after the Instant Timer Recording finishes.