8 VIDEO STABILIZER
8 BLUE BACK
8 2ND AUDIO RECORD
8 AUDIO MONITOR
8 AUTO POWER OFF
When this function is set to "ON", you can automatically correct vertical
vibration in the picture when playing back unstable recordings made on
● When you finish viewing a tape, be sure to set this function to "OFF".
● Regardless of the setting, this function has no effect during recording and during special
● The on-screen display may jitter vertically when this function is set to "ON".
● To watch recordings with close-caption, set this function to "OFF".
When this function is set to "ON", the TV screen becomes all blue when
receiving a channel not in use.
When you want to receive an unstable channel with poor signals, set this function to
● When this function is set to "ON";
If a SAP program is received, the SAP audio is recorded on both the normal and
Hi-Fi tracks. The main audio is not recorded.
If a non-SAP program is received, the main audio is recorded on both the Hi-Fi
and normal tracks.
● When this function is set to "OFF", the SAP audio cannot be recorded.
When the channel is changed on the unit;
● The "STEREO" indicator appears on the screen for about 5 seconds if the program is a
● The "SAP" indicator appears on the screen for about 5 seconds if the program is a SAP
● Both indicators appear when a stereo program is accompanied by SAP sound.
This unit can record two sound tracks simultaneously (normal and Hi-Fi) on a
Hi-Fi stereo tape. You can select the sound track(s) to listen to while playing
back a Hi-Fi stereo tape. In addition, when playing back a prerecorded tape
containing two separate audio programs on the Hi-Fi tracks, you can choose
either one by selecting either "HI-FI L" or "HI-FI R".
Normally select this. Hi-Fi sound is played back.
Sound on the left Hi-Fi channel is played back.
Sound on the right Hi-Fi channel is played back.
Sound on the normal track is played back.
Both sounds on the Hi-Fi track and normal track are mixed
and played back.
● While playing back a monaural tape, sounds on the normal track will be heard
regardless of this setting.
● You can also use the A.MONITOR button on the Remote to select the desired monitor
When this function is set to "3H", the unit is turned off automatically if no
operation is done within 3 hours. "AUTO POWER OFF IN 3 MIN" appears on
the screen 3 minutes before the unit is turned off.
SUBSIDIARY SETTINGS (cont.)
* The default setting is bold in the table below.