(from DVD to VCR)
● Turn on the TV and select the VCR channel (or AV
● Slide the TV/VCR/DVD switch to the right.
EDITING (VCR DECK) (cont.)
You can dub selected scenes from the DVD disc to a cassette,
starting and stopping wherever you wish.
However, it is not possible to dub the copy-protected disc.
In such case, "ERROR" appears on the front display panel.
Load a cassette and place a disc.
For the VCR deck
Insert a cassette with the record safety tab intact.
For the DVD deck
A Press OPEN/CLOSE (x) on the DVD deck to open the
B Place the disc in the disc tray.
C Press OPEN/CLOSE (x) on the DVD deck to close the
Prepare the VCR deck for dubbing.
A Press VCR.
B Press SP/EP to select recording speed.
C Search for the point where you want to start dubbing
by pressing PLAY (4), FF (5) or REW (3) then
press STOP (8).
Prepare the DVD deck for dubbing.
A Press DVD.
B Search for the point where you want to start dubbing
by pressing PLAY (4), FF (5), REW (3), 6 or
C Press PAUSE (9) to pause playback a little before the
Press and hold REC (7), then press PLAY (4) on the
● "dub" lights on the front display panel.
Press STOP (8).
● Be sure to press STOP (8) while the VCR indicator lights up on
● You can dub from DVD to VCR regardless of the scan mode
pg. 80) However, the progressive signals will be
converted to the interlace signals when dubbing.
● Set "ON SCREEN GUIDE" to "OFF" (
want to record the on-screen display for DVD discs during
● There may be a discrepancy of several seconds between where
you intend editing to start, and where it actually starts.
● The superimposed indication during the operation or dubbing
is not recorded.
● Set "PICTURE CONTROL" to "EDIT". (
pg. 80) if you do not