• Before finally installing the unit, connect the
wiring temporarily, making sure it is all con-
nected up properly, and the unit and the sys-
tem work properly.
• Use only the parts included with the unit to
ensure proper installation. The use of unau-
thorized parts can cause malfunctions.
• Consult with your nearest dealer if installation
requires the drilling of holes or other modifi-
cations of the vehicle.
• Install the unit where it does not get in the
driver's way and cannot injure the passenger
if there is a sudden stop, like an emergency
• The semiconductor laser will be damaged if it
overheats, so don't install the unit anywhere
hot — for instance, near a heater outlet.
This unit can be properly installed either from "Front" (conventional DIN Front-mount) or "Rear" (DIN
Rear-mount installation, utilizing threaded screw holes at the sides of unit chassis). For details, refer
to the following illustrated installation methods.
• If installation angle exceeds 30° from horizon-
tal, the unit might not give its optimum perfor-
• The cords must not cover up the area shown
in the figure below. This is necessary to allow
the amplifires to radiate freely.
Do not close this area.