Connecting the units
• This unit is for vehicles with a 12-volt battery
and negative grounding. Before installing it in
a recreational vehicle, truck, or bus, check the
• To avoid shorts in the electrical system, be
sure to disconnect the ≠ battery cable before
• Refer to the owner's manual for details on
connecting the power amp and other units,
then make connections correctly.
• Secure the wiring with cable clamps or adhe-
sive tape. To protect the wiring, wrap adhesive
tape around them where they lie against
• Route and secure all wiring so it cannot touch
any moving parts, such as the gear shift,
handbrake, and seat rails. Do not route wiring
in places that get hot, such as near the heater
outlet. If the insulation of the wiring melts or
gets torn, there is a danger of the wiring short-
circuiting to the vehicle body.
• Don't pass the yellow lead through a hole into
the engine compartment to connect to the
battery. This will damage the lead insulation
and cause a very dangerous short.
• Do not shorten any leads. If you do, the pro-
tection circuit may fail to work when it should.
• Never feed power to other equipment by cut-
ting the insulation of the power supply lead of
the unit and tapping into the lead. The current
capacity of the lead will be exceeded, causing
• When replacing fuse, be sure to use only fuse
of the rating prescribed on this unit.
• Since a unique BPTL circuit is employed,
never wire so the speaker leads are directly
grounded or the left and right ≠ speaker
leads are common.
• Speakers connected to this unit must be high-
power types with minimum rating of 50 W and
impedance of 4 to 8 ohms. Connecting speak-
ers with output and/or impedance values
other than those noted here may result in the
speakers catching fire, emitting smoke, or
• When this product's source is switched ON, a
control signal is output through the
blue/white lead. Connect to an external power
amp's system remote control or the car's
Auto-antenna relay control terminal (max. 300
mA 12 V DC). If the car features a glass
antenna, connect to the antenna booster
power supply terminal.
• When an external power amp is being used
with this system, be sure not to connect the
blue/white lead to the amp's power terminal.
Likewise, do not connect the blue/white lead
to the power terminal of the auto-antenna.
Such connection could cause excessive cur-
rent drain and malfunction.
• To avoid short-circuiting, cover the discon-
nected lead with insulating tape. Especially,
insulate the unused speaker leads without
fail. There is a possibility of short-circuiting if
the leads are not insulated.
• To prevent incorrect connection, the input
side of the IP-BUS connector is blue, and the
output side is black. Connect the connectors
of the same colors correctly.