Before You Start
Protecting your unit from theft
The front panel can be detached from the head
unit and stored in the protective case provided
to discourage theft.
• If the front panel is not detached from the
head unit within five seconds of turning off
the ignition, a warning tone will sound.
• You can turn off the warning tone. See
Switching the warning tone on page 72.
• Never use force or grip the display and the
buttons tightly when removing or attaching.
• Avoid subjecting the front panel to excessive
• Keep the front panel out of direct sunlight and
Removing the front panel
on the head unit to open the
2 Grip the left side of the front panel and pull
it gently outward.
Take care not to grip it tightly or drop it.
3 Put the front panel into the protective case
provided for safe keeping.
Attaching the front panel
Replace the front panel by holding it upright
to this unit and clipping it securely into the