6. General information
If your product is not working properly...
1. Read this User's Guide.
2. Visit our website: www.motorola.com
3. Contact Customer Service in the US and Canada at
To order a replacement battery pack contact customer
service or visit our website.
Important safety instructions
Follow these safety precautions when using your phone
to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and injury to
persons or property:
1. Keep all vents and openings of the phone
unblocked. Do not set the phone on a heating
register or over a radiator. Ensure that proper
ventilation is provided at the installation site.
2. Do not use while wet or while standing in water.
3. Do not use this product near water (for example,
near a bath tub, kitchen sink, or swimming pool).
4. Do not allow anything to rest on the power cord.
Place the power cord so that it will not be walked
5. Never insert objects of any kind into the product
vents as that may result in fire or electric shock.
6. Unplug this product from the electrical outlet before
cleaning. Do not use liquid cleaners or aerosol
cleaners. Use a damp cloth for cleaning.
7. Do not disassemble this product. If service or repair
work is required, contact the customer service
helpline found in this user's guide.
8. Do not overload wall outlets and extension cords.
9. Avoid using during an electrical storm. Use a surge
protector to protect the equipment.
10. Do not use this phone to report a gas leak,
especially if you are in the vicinity of the gas line.
To reduce the risk of fire, use only No. 26 AWG or larger
UL Listed or CSA Certified Telecommunication Line
Unplug this cordless phone
immediately from an outlet if:
• The power cord or plug is damaged or frayed.
• Liquid has been spilled on the product.
• The product has been exposed to rain or water. Do
not retrieve the handset or base until after you have
unplugged the power and phone from the wall. Then
retrieve the unit by the unplugged cords.