1. Getting started
• Do not place your phone in the bathroom or other
When choosing a location for your new phone, here are
some important guidelines you should consider:
• Avoid sources of noise and heat, such as motors,
fluorescent lighting, microwave ovens, heating
appliances and direct sunlight.
• Avoid areas of excessive dust, moisture and low
• Avoid other cordless telephones or personal
• Never install telephone wiring during a lightning
• Never install telephone jacks in wet locations unless
the jack is specifically designed for wet locations.
• Never touch non-insulated telephone wires or
terminals unless the telephone line has been
disconnected at the network interface.
• Use caution when installing or modifying telephone
Optimal range is reached when there are no other
electrical appliances working within the range area. Any
obstruction between the corded base and cordless
handset will also reduce the range significantly.
When out of range of the corded base, the screen shows
. If you are on a call, the line will hang up. Move
back within in range. The cordless handset will
automatically re-connect to the corded base.
The corded base must be plugged into the electrical
outlet at all times. Do not connect the telephone line
cord into the wall jack until the cordless handset is fully
charged. Only use the power adapter and telephone
line cord supplied with the product.
WHICH POWER ADAPTER
The power adapter with the smaller pin plug is for the
corded base unit and the power adapter with the bigger
pin plug is for the cordless charger unit.