Now turn the calculator back on. If it does not function, check that
the orientation of the batteries is correct. If the calculator still does not
function, you might have taken too long to change the batteries or
inadvertently turned the calculator on while the batteries were out.
Remove the batteries again and lightly press a coin against both battery
contacts in the calculator fot a few seconds. Put the batteries back in
and turn the calculator on. It should display MEMORY CLEAR.
To maintain product reliability, observe the following temperature
and humidity limits:
• Operating temperature: 0° to 45°C (32° to 113°F).
• Storage temperature: -20° to 65°C (-4° to 149°F).
• Operating and storage humidity: 90% relative humidity at 40°C
Determining if the Calculator Requires
Use these guidelines to determine if the calculator requires service.
Then, if necessary, read *If the Calculator Requires Service* on page
Iff the calculator won't turn on (nothing is visible in the display):
1. Attempt to reset the calculator. (Hold down the [c] key and
2. If the calculator fails to respond after step 1, replace the bat
teries (see page 242).
If steps 1 and 2 fail to restore calculator function, it requires service.
A: Assistance, Batteries, and Service