3.7.2 Using the answering machine
Configuring the answering machine
• By default, calls that are not answered after 40 seconds are
automatically forwarded to the answering machine.
• Ensure that you have recorded your voice mail greeting for the
answering machine. For more details, refer to Recording your
• The answering machine only supports G.711 a-law (PCMA) codec.
• If you are using a softphone, enable the telephone-event (RFC-2833)
on your softphone.
To configure the answering machine:
1. From the navigation panel, click Telephony > Answering
machine > Answering machine.
2. On the Enable Answering Machine field, ensure that the
slider is set to ON.
3. On the No Answer Time field, set the time (in seconds) that
incoming calls are automatically forwarded to the answering
4. When done, click Apply.