4. If required, loop a safety wire, between 1.5mm (.06in.) and 2.5mm (.10in.) in diameter, around the tie post and
secure the loop.
5. If required, install and attach a security cable to the unit's lock port.
6. Place the large corner of each of the case's mount slots over the screw heads.
7. Slide the case down along the mounting surface to hang the mount slots on the screw heads.
8. Attach appropriate antennas to the connectors.
9. Attach the Ethernet cable to the unit and to a controller with an 802.3af compatible power source.
10. Verify the unit has power by observing that the LEDs are lit or flashing.
2.7 External Antenna Model Suspended Ceiling Tile (Plenum) Mount
Ceiling mount requires placing the AP650 access point above a suspended ceiling and installing the provided light
pipe for viewing the status lights of the unit.
This placement requires installation of the provided light pipe for viewing the status lights of the unit.
2.7.1 Suspended Ceiling Mount Hardware
Badge for light pipe
Safety wire (recommended) and security cable (optional)
Notes or warnings about suspended ceiling mounts apply to all
installations where the unit is placed on suspended ceiling tile. The case
has a safety wire tie point for a standard safety wire.
Do not mount the AP650 access point directly to any suspended
ceiling tile with a thickness less than 12.7mm (0.5in.) or a suspended
ceiling tile with an unsupported span greater than 660mm (26in.). Fit
the AP650 access point with a safety wire suitable for the specific
installation. The safety wire should be a standard ceiling suspension
cable or equivalent steel wire between 1.59mm (.062in.) and 2.5mm
(.10in.) in diameter.
AP650 Access Point