1.6 Router Setup
• Use a wired connection when setting up your wireless router to
avoid possible setup problems.
• Before setting up your ASUS wireless router, do the following:
• If you are replacing an existing router, disconnect it from your
• Disconnect the cables/wires from your existing modem setup. If
your modem has a backup battery, remove it as well.
• Reboot your cable modem and computer (recommended).
1.6.1 Wired connection
NOTE: You can use either a straight-through cable or a crossover cable
for wired connection.