1.5 Setup Requirements
To set up your wireless network, you need a computer that meets
the following system requirements:
• Ethernet RJ-45 (LAN) port (10Base-T/100Base-TX)
• IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n wireless capability
• An installed TCP/IP service
• Web browser such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, or
• If your computer does not have built-in wireless capabilities, you
may install an IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n WLAN adapter to your computer
to connect to the network.
• With its dual band technology, your wireless router supports 2.4GHz
and 5GHz wireless signals simultaneously. This allows you to do
Internet-related activities such as Internet surfing or reading/writing
e-mail messages using the 2.4GHz band while simultaneously
streaming high-definition audio/video files such as movies or music
using the 5GHz band.
• Some IEEE 802.11n devices that you want to connect to your network
may or may not support 5GHz band. Refer to the device's manual for
• The Ethernet RJ-45 cables that will be used to connect the network
devices should not exceed 100 meters.