1.4 Positioning your router
For the best wireless signal transmission between the wireless
router and the network devices connected to it, ensure that you:
• Place the wireless router in a centralized area for a maximum
wireless coverage for the network devices.
• Keep the device away from metal obstructions and away from
• Keep the device away from 802.11b/g or 20MHz only Wi-Fi
devices, 2.4GHz computer peripherals, Bluetooth devices,
cordless phones, transformers, heavy-duty motors, fluorescent
lights, microwave ovens, refrigerators, and other industrial
equipment to prevent signal interference or loss.
• Always update to the latest firmware. Visit the ASUS website at
http://www.asus.com to get the latest firmware updates.
• To ensure the best wireless signal, orient the four external
antennas as shown in the drawing below.