NOTE: When the machine is set to maximum zigzag width, the needle should start to
swing laterally between 6.3 to 7.5 mm above the needle plate.
1. Remove the top cover (see page 1).
2. Turn on the power. Select zigzag pattern no. 2 and set the zigzag width to maximum.
3. Slowly turn the handwheel toward you until the needle starts to swing.
• If higher than 7.5 mm, loosen the screw C and turn the sensor disk F in
• If lower than 6.3 mm, loosen the screw C and turn the sensor disk F in
4. Set the sensor disk F as close as possible to the sensors D (it should not touch the upper
shaft sensor. Tighten the screw C.
5. Turn the handwheel several times toward you and recheck the start of the needle swing.
6. Fix the upper cover.
NEEDLE BAR SWING / SENSOR