A regular needle B #14 should be used for this adjustment. Select pattern 2. Turn the handwheel
toward you to position the needle bar from its lowest position, moving up approximately 2,30 mm
to 2,60 mm. At this position, the tip of the hook should meet the right side of the needle.
1. Remove the needle plate and the bobbin holder.
2. Turn on the power switch and select pattern 2.
3. Remove the top cover, belt cover and bed cover (See pages 8, 9 and 10).
4. Turn the handwheel toward you and set the needle bar to its lowest position.
5. In this condition, the peg C on the feed lifting cam should be in its lowest position.
If not: loosen the set screws A of upper shaft belt wheel. With the needle bar in its lowest
position, hold the handwheel in place while turning the upper shaft belt to position the peg C
on the feed lifting cam in its lowest position. Tighten the set screws A of upper shaft belt
6. Set the needle bar to its lowest position, fit the timing gauge 101360 in contact with the
needle bar cradle, then loosen one of the lower shaft hook gear screw D.
7. Turn the balance wheel slowly forwards until the gauge butts. In this position, the hook
should be between the 2 positions illustrated
8. Unscrew the second screw of lower shaft hook gear and adjust the position of the hook.
9. Tighten the screws D, turn balance wheel several times and recheck the timing and refit the
HOOK AND FEED TIMING