I X . C A R E A N D M A I N T E N A N C E
If your scooter is equipped with pneumatic tyres and
you have a flat tyre, you can have the tube replaced. If
your scooter is equipped with a solid tyre insert, either
the solid insert or the entire wheel must be replaced
depending on the model. Contact your authorised Pride
Dealer for information regarding replacement wheels
for your scooter.
WARNING! Wheels on your scooter
should only be serviced/replaced by an
authorised Pride Dealer or qualified
WARNING! Be sure that the key is
removed from the key switch and the
scooter is not in freewheel mode
before performing this procedure.
remove only the centre lug nut, then
remove the wheel. If any further disas-
sembly is required, deflate the tyre
completely or it may explode.
Follow these easy steps for a quick and safe repair of solid tyres:
1. Remove the key from the key switch.
2. Elevate the side of the scooter of which you are removing the tyre. Place wooden blocks under the
frame to elevate the scooter.
3. Remove the drive wheel nut and washer from the axle. See figure 27.
4. Pull the wheel off the axle.
5. Slide the new wheel back onto the axle. Make sure that the axle key is in the axle slot. See figure 27.
WARNING! Failure to ensure that the axle key is properly installed into the axle slot when
mounting the wheel can result in electronic brake failure, personal injury and/or product
6. Reinstall the drive wheel nut and washer onto the axle and tighten.
WARNING! Make sure both the nut and washer are reinstalled and tightened properly.
7. Remove the blocks from beneath the scooter.
DRIVE WHEEL NUT
Figure 27. Drive Wheel Removal
DRIVE WHEEL WASHER