MODELS C 10FCH2 C 10FCE2 Hitachi Power Tools TECHNICAL DATA COMPOUND MITER SAW C 10FCH2 SERVICE MANUAL C 10FCE2 LIST Nos. C 10FCH2: E945 Oct. 2006 C 10FCE2: E946 SPECIFICATIONS AND PARTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE FOR IMPROVEMENT...
REMARK: Throughout this TECHNICAL DATA AND SERVICE MANUAL, a symbol(s) is(are) used in the place of company name(s) and model name(s) of our competitor(s). The symbol(s) utilized here is(are) as follows: Competitor Symbol Utilized Company Name Model Name DW703 DEWALT MS1065LZ RIDGID...
9-1. Bevel Angle Adjustment ........................ 18 10. PACKING ............................ 18 11. PRECAUTIONS IN DISASSEMBLY AND REASSEMBLY ............20 11-1. Precautions in Disassembly and Reassembly of the Laser Marker (Only the Model C 10FCH2) ..20 11-2. Disassembly ..........................20 11-3. Reassembly ..........................27 11-4.
The Model C 10FCH2 is equipped with the same laser guide system as the current model for easy adjustment of the cutting position or workpieces. With the new Models C 10FCH2 and C 10FCE2, we aim to enhance the share of Hitachi compound miter saw series.
(4) Lightest weight in 10" class The Model C 10FCH2 weighs 12 kg (26.5 lbs.) and the Model C 10FCE2 weighs 11.9 kg (26.2 lbs.) The Models C 10FCH2 and C 10FCE2 are the lightest compound miter saws in the 10" class.
C 10FCH/C 10FCE (6) Powerful 15 amps motor (for U.S.A. and Canada) The Models C 10FCH2 and C 10FCE2 are equipped with a 15-ampere motor. The Models C 10FCH2 and C 10FCE2 can cut workpieces as quickly as the Model C 10FCH.
Width x Depth x Height (20-3/32" x 24-13/16" x 22-1/4") (20-7/8" x 21-1/4" x 22-1/4") (18-1/8" x 24-3/4" x 22-3/32") (18-1/8" x 24-3/4" x 22-3/32") C 10FCH2 C 10FCE2 C 10FCH C 10FCE 14.7 (32.4 lbs.) 14.8 (32.6 lbs.) Product weight (kg) 12 (26.5 lbs.) 11.9 (26.2 lbs.)
7. PRECAUTIONS IN SALES PROMOTION In the interest of promoting the safest and most efficient use of the Models C 10FCH2 and C 10FCE2 Compound Saws by all of our customers, it is very important that at the time of sale the salesperson carefully ensures that the buyer seriously recognizes the importance of the contents of the Instruction Manual, and fully understands the meaning of the precautions listed on the Warning Labels and Caution Labels attached to each machine.
(2) Caution label (A) (at the front of the hinge) (only the Model C 10FCH2) Do not stare into laser beam. If your eye is exposed directly to the laser beam, it can be hurt. Caution label (A) is adhered to each machine to comply with the standards for the safe use of laser equipment.
(2) Laser radiation when open. DO NOT STARE INTO BEAM OR VIEW DIRECTLY WITH OPTICAL INSTRUMENTS. The lilfespan of the laser marker in the Model C 10FCH2 is about 2,160 hours. (About three years: 4 hours of use/day x 180 days/year)
7-5. Ambient Illuminance and Visibility of Laser Line (Only the Model C 10FCH2) The visibility of the laser line on the workpiece changes depending on the brightness of the working environment. Instruct the customer to consider the brightness of the working environment when using the laser marker referring to the following table.
8. ADJUSTMENT AND OPERATION PRECAUTIONS 8-1. Position Adjustment of Laser Line (Only the Model C 10FCH2) Saw blade Workpiece The laser line is adjusted to the width of the saw blade at the time of factory shipment. Depending upon the cutting choice, align the...
CAUTION: Laser radiation - Do not stare into beam. Laser radiation on work table. Do not stare into beam. If your eye is exposed directly to the laser beam, it can be hurt. Do not dismantle it. Do not give strong impact to the laser marker (main body of tool); otherwise, the position of a laser line can go out of order, resulting in the damage of the laser marker as well as a shortened service life.
Turn. Left bevel cutting Right bevel cutting The Models C 10FCH2 and C 10FCE2 are equipped with sub fence (B). Use sub fence (B) for miter cutting and right bevel cutting. Sub fence (B) supports the workpiece widely for stable cutting. In the case of left bevel cutting, Sub fence raise sub fence (B) as illustrated in Fig.
(4) Press cutting Like the Model C 10FCH, the Models C 10FCH2 and C 10FCE2 can be used for press cutting of workpieces up to 59 mm x 144 mm (2-1/4" x 5-5/8") in a single operation by simply pushing the saw blade section (head) downward.
(7) Compound (miter + bevel) cutting Compound cutting can be accomplished by combining the miter cutting and bevel cutting operations described in paragraphs (4) and (5) above. (For details, please refer to the Instruction Manual.) When the saw blade section (head) is inclined 45û to the left, the table can be turned up to 45û to the right and left. (8) Crown molding cutting This machine can cut two types of crown molding workpieces by combining the miter and bevel cutting operations (for USA).
(1) Setting to cut crown molding at positions in Fig. 14 (See Fig. 15, tilt the head to the left.): Turn the turn table to the right and set the miter angle as follows: For 45û type crown moldings: 35.3û ( mark) For 38û...
Cutting method of crown molding without tilting the saw blade Crown molding stopper (R) Crown molding (1) Crown molding stoppers (L) and (R) (optional (optional accessory) vise ass'y 6 mm wing bolt (optional accessories) allow easier cuts of crown molding without accessory) tilting the saw blade.
9. ADJUSTMENT OF COMPONENTS 9-1. Bevel Angle Adjustment Before the power tool is shipped from the factory, it is adjusted for 0û and left 45û bevel cutting angles. The positioning and bevel cutting angle can be adjusted by changing the height of the 8 mm nylock bolt (maximum bevel cutting angle is 48û).
[Bold] numbers in the descriptions below correspond to the item numbers in the pars list and exploded assembly diagram of the Model C 10FCH2. For the Model C 10FCE2, refer to the parts list separately. Be sure to first disconnect the power plug when performing disassembly or replacement of the saw blade.
1. Remove the four Bolts M8 x 35 , Spring Washers M8  and Bolt Washers M8 , then remove Fence (A)  and Fence (B) . 2. Loosen the Clamp Lever  and remove the Machine Screw (W/Washers) M6 x 20 (Black) . Turn the Bolt (Left Hand) M10  and remove it from the Hinge .
D4 x 20 (Black) , then remove the Switch Handle . 2. Remove the wire of the Laser Holder  from the Switching Power Supply . (Only the Model C 10FCH2) 3. Remove the Brush Cap  and the Carbon Brush .
C. Safety cover and link Spindle and spring Tools required: • Phillips screwdriver • Hex. bar wrench 4 mm • Hex. bar wrench 3 mm • Box wrench 10 mm (standard accessory) • Plastic hammer Fig. 29 --- 24 ---...
D4 x 20 (Black) , then remove the Switch Handle . Remove the wire of the Laser Holder  from the Switching Power Supply . (Only the Model C 10FCH2) 7. Remove the Hex. Socket Hd. Bolt M5 x 10 . Note that the Gear Case  moves upward when the Hex.
D4 x 20 (Black) , then remove the Switch Handle . Remove the wire of the Laser Holder  from the Switching Power Supply . (Only the Model C 10FCH2) 2. Remove the Machine Screw M4 x 8  and the Nylon Clip .
(2) When replacing the Spring , apply 5 grams of Hitachi Motor Grease to the inner circumference of the new Spring  prior to reassembly. (3) When replacing Liner (A)  and Liner (C) , apply Hitachi Motor Grease to the sliding surface of the Base Ass'y  prior to reassembly.
Base Ass'y , tighten the Nylon Nut M8  so that the Turn Table  turns smoothly without excessive play or vibration. During reassembly, liberally apply grease (Hitachi Motor Grease) at the point marked "A" in Fig. 37. Base Ass'y  Shaft (B)  Fig.
11-7. Lubrication Advise the customer to lubricate the machine as indicated below at least once a month. Also, prior to applying lubrication, any sawdust, dirt or other foreign matter should be thoroughly wiped away with a soft cloth. (1) Swiveling section of the Gear Case  and the Hinge  Coat the swiveling and sliding portion of the Gear Case  and the Hinge  with machine oil.
11-9. Adjustment of Laser Marker Accuracy (Only the Model C 10FCH2) (1) Construction of laser marker and functions of each component Laser holder (A): The squareness between the laser line and the base surface can be adjusted by Hex. socket set screw M5 x 6:...
(2) Adjustment of squareness with the fence surface Hex. socket set screw M5 x 6 Gear Case  The laser line inclines to the left by turning the hex. socket set screw M5 x 6 clockwise and inclines to the right by turning counterclockwise.
(4) Adjustment of the laser marker Adjust the laser marker according to the following steps from Adjust the product accuracy first because the accuracy of the laser marker is adjusted aligning the cut surface of the workpiece. Laser emitting aperture First, hold a workpiece of 38 mm in height and 89 mm in width with the vise and perform right-angle cutting.
11-10. Tightening Torque (1) Model C 10FCH2 • Seal Lock Hex. Socket Set Screw M6 x 10  43.4 in-lbs. (4.9 N m, 50 kgf • • • Machine Screw (W/Washers) M6 x 20 (Black)  43.4 in-lbs. (4.9 N m, 50 kgf •...
(2) Model C 10FCE2 • Machine Screw (W/Washers) M6 x 20 (Black)  43.4 in-lbs. (4.9 N m, 50 kgf • • • Machine Screw (W/Sp. Washer) M5 x 16  30.4 in-lbs. (3.4 N m, 35 kgf • • •...
12. REPAIR GUIDE Unit: mm Factory Inspection, repair or Item Phenomenon Cause standard adjustment • Adjust squareness with the a Inaccurate 0.4/100 Inaccurate cutting Bolt M6 x 12 . squareness between (Dummy disc) Inaccurate • • • the turn table and the (Fig.
Factory Inspection, repair or Item Phenomenon Cause standard adjustment 0.1/height of • Replace Fence (A)  or f Inaccurate squareness (Continued) between the fence fence Fence (B) . (Fig. 50) and the turn table and/ Fence or the base causes the workpiece to tilt at an angle and prevent Squareness...
Factory Inspection, repair or Item Phenomenon Cause standard adjustment Rough cut surface a Large deflection of the • Same as the Item 1- b . 0.38/220 saw blade (It causes Parallelism (A) = (Dummy disc) 0.02/43 rough cut surface.) b Each surface •...
• Resharpen the saw blade. is applied due to dull saw blade. d Incorrect saw blade is ------ • Use a suitable Hitachi-supplied used. saw blade. • If the saw blade has a large number of teeth, the cutting resistance will be increased.
Improper wiring Laser marker does not ------ • Check the wiring. light. (Only the Model C 10FCH2) b Switch (A) failure ------ • Check the Switch (W/Cover)  for conductivity. • Replace the Switch (W/Cover) . ------ •...
13. STANDARD REPAIR TIME (UNIT) SCHEDULES Variable 70 min. MODEL Fixed Work Flow C 10FCH2 General Assembly Switching Switch Handle Switch Power Supply Switch Handle Cord Cord Armor Armature Ass'y BB (6202VV) BB (6000VV) Housing Ass'y Link Lock Lever Spindle Ass'y...
Variable 70 min. MODEL Fixed Work Flow C 10FCE2 General Assembly Switch Handle Switch Switch Handle Cord Cord Armor Armature Ass'y Ball Bearing (6202VV) Ball Bearing (6000VV) Housing Ass'y Gear Case Link Lock Lever Spindle Ass'y Ass'y Stator Ass'y Lower Guard (B) Ball Bearing (6003VV) Lower Guard (A)
Hitachi Power Tools LIST NO. E945 ELECTRIC TOOL PARTS LIST COMPOUND SAW 2006 • • Model C 10FCH2 (E1) 626 627...
PARTS C 10FCH2 ITEM CODE NO. REMARKS DESCRIPTION USED 326-748 LASER HOLDER 1 INCLUD. 2 CAUTION LABEL (A) 307-956 SEAL LOCK HEX. SOCKET SET SCREW M6X10 323-208 MACHINE SCREW (W/WASHERS) M6X20 (BLACK) 322-935 CLAMP LEVER 326-706 BOLT (LEFT HAND) M10...
PARTS C 10FCH2 ITEM CODE NO. DESCRIPTION REMARKS USED 949-342 FLAT HD. SCREW M6X25 (10 PCS.) 326-704 SUB FENCE (B) 326-698 FENCE (B) 326-705 HOLDER 322-901 LINER (A) 322-964 LINER (C) 949-611 BOLT M6X12 (10 PCS.) 322-903 SPRING PLATE 949-457 SPRING WASHER M8 (10 PCS.)
PARTS C 10FCH2 ITEM CODE NO. REMARKS DESCRIPTION USED 877-371 NYLON NUT M5 FOR EUROPE 949-236 MACHINE SCREW M5X10 (10 PCS.) FOR EUROPE 322-951 SPINDLE COVER FOR EUROPE, USA, CAN, AUS 949-215 MACHINE SCREW M4X8 (10 PCS.) FOR EUROPE, USA, CAN, AUS...
PARTS C 10FCH2 ITEM CODE NO. DESCRIPTION REMARKS USED 360-695F ARMATURE ASS’Y 240V INCLUD. 169-172 620-2VV BALL BEARING 6202VVCMPS2L 980-700 DUST WASHER (B) 302-428 WASHER (A) 600-0VV BALL BEARING 6000VVCMPS2L 322-916 LOCK LEVER 322-915 FAN GUIDE 953-121 HEX. HD. TAPPING SCREW D5X50 340-686D STATOR ASS’Y 110V...
STANDARD ACCESSORIES C 10FCH2 ITEM CODE NO. DESCRIPTION REMARKS USED 944-458 HEX. BAR WRENCH 4MM 940-543 BOX WRENCH 10MM 949-695 BOLT M10X35 (10 PCS.) 974-663Z COLLAR (A) FOR D30 HOLE FOR AUS 322-955 DUST BAG (BLACK) OPTIONAL ACCESSORIES ITEM CODE NO.
C 10FCH2 ITEM CODE NO. DESCRIPTION REMARKS USED --- 8 --- Printed in Japan 10 -- 06 (061011N)
Hitachi Power Tools LIST NO. E946 ELECTRIC TOOL PARTS LIST COMPOUND SAW 2006 • • Model C 10FCE2 (E1) 626 627...
PARTS C 10FCE2 ITEM CODE NO. REMARKS DESCRIPTION USED 307-956 SEAL LOCK HEX. SOCKET SET SCREW M6X10 323-208 MACHINE SCREW (W/WASHERS) M6X20 (BLACK) 322-935 CLAMP LEVER 326-706 BOLT (LEFT HAND) M10 318-934 SPECIAL WASHER 322-889 SLEEVE 322-965 LINER (D) 322-890 SPRING 302-518 STOPPER PIN ASS’Y...
PARTS C 10FCE2 ITEM CODE NO. DESCRIPTION REMARKS USED 326-705 HOLDER 322-901 LINER (A) 322-964 LINER (C) 949-611 BOLT M6X12 (10 PCS.) 322-903 SPRING PLATE 949-457 SPRING WASHER M8 (10 PCS.) 949-655 HEX. SOCKET HD. BOLT M8X16 (10 PCS.) 326-826 SCALE (A) 326-696 SPACER (A)
PARTS C 10FCE2 ITEM CODE NO. REMARKS DESCRIPTION USED 301-806 WING BOLT M6X15 FOR EUROPE 322-950 SPECIAL SCREW M6 FOR EUROPE 323-986 TURN PLATE FOR EUROPE 323-985 STOP PLATE FOR EUROPE 949-454 SPRING WASHER M5 (10 PCS.) 949-215 MACHINE SCREW M4X8 (10 PCS.) 949-429 BOLT WASHER M4 (10 PCS.) 326-707...