Checking the Contents..... . 3 Unpacking and Assembling EPSON Stylus Pro 9880/9880C/9450 ....3 Unpacking and Assembling EPSON Stylus Pro 7880/7880C/7450 .
Epson printer. Epson is not responsible for any use of this information as applied to other printers. Neither Seiko Epson Corporation nor its affiliates shall be liable to the purchaser of this product or third parties for damages, losses, costs, or expenses incurred by the purchaser or third parties as a result of accident, misuse, or abuse of this product or unauthorized modifications, repairs, or alterations to this product, or (excluding the U.S.) failure to strictly comply with Seiko Epson Corporation's operating and maintenance...
The power cord or plug is damaged; liquid has Safety Instructions entered the printer; the printer has been dropped or the cabinet damaged; the printer does not operate normally or exhibits a Read all of these instructions before using your distinct change in performance.
Use of options Replace fuses only with a fuse of the correct size EPSON (UK) Limited shall not be liable against and rating. any damages or problems arising from the use of any options or consumable products other than those designated as Original EPSON Products or ®...
(Values in the illustration below are the minimum.) For EPSON Stylus Pro 9880/9880C/9450 only ❏ Leave at least 30 cm between the back of the printer and the wall. ❏ Choose a location that can hold the printer weight (about 90 kg with base unit).
❏ Avoid locations near potential sources of Unpacking and Assembling the interference such as loud speakers or cordless Printer phones. ❏ Avoid locations near TVs, radios, air Unpacking the base unit conditioners, or humidifiers. Open the box and remove the fixers from the sides of the box.
Tools: Assembling the base unit Caution: Have two people working on either side to assemble the base unit (20.5 kg). 1. Hold base upright left (A) and a horizontal strut as shown. Then fix the strut to the base using the two hex socket head bolts (G) with the hex wrench (F).
Unpacking the printer Mounting the printer on the base unit 1. Lock the two front casters (J). Caution: The printer unit is heavy and unwieldy. Have two people unpack the printer unit, and four people place the printer unit on top of the base unit.
5. Release the front casters and the stabilizer Note: When you place the printer on the base unit, match knobs and move the printer to the place of use the right end square of the printer (shown as 4 in (a short distance away).
Attaching the Paper Basket Caution: ❏ Watch your fingers when opening and closing the front cover. 1. Fully insert and attach the upper basket hooks (D) to the upper guides of the base upright left and right. 2. Turning the stitch side downward, spread the Protective screw paper basket on the floor.
4. Rotate the rear paper basket joints to enfold 7. Insert the lower shafts into the holes on the the bar that is not attached to the fabric. Insert bottom of the base unit as shown below. the stanchion pins into the holes on the base upright left and right, as shown.
Note: Note: ❏ When you feed the paper forward with the Auto Set five paper feed support films at even intervals in the order shown in the figure. Take-up Reel Unit, use the paper guides packaged with the Auto Take-up Reel Unit. If you want to feed the paper backward with the Auto Take-up Reel Unit, remove the paper guides.
❏ Use only an outlet that meets the power Unpacking and Assembling requirements of this printer. EPSON Stylus Pro ❏ Operate the printer under the following 7880/7880C/7450 conditions: Temperature: 10 to 35°C Choosing a Place for the Printer Humidity: 20 to 80% without condensation ❏...
Unpacking the Printer 4. Remove the polystyrene foam stoppers from the sides of the printer. Caution: The printer unit is heavy and unwieldy. Have two people unpack the printer. 1. Open the box containing the printer and remove the roll paper spindle with roll paper, polystyrene foam, and cardboard cushions from around the printer.
Using the Stand Accessories: Checking the contents of the package Before assembling the Stand, check the contents of the package to make sure that all of the items shown are included, and are not damaged. Parts: Base bolts (4) Strut bolts (2) Hex socket head bolts with washers (10) Collars (2) Wing screws (2)
2. Assemble the left leg and left base in the same 5. This completes assembly of the Stand. Make way as step 1. sure each part of the Stand is tightened securely. Mounting the printer on the Stand Caution: Two or more people are required to mount the printer.
3. Fasten the bottom of the printer and the 2. Snap the rear paper basket joints onto the tips printer mount with wing screws (L) and of the basket hooks at the rear of the Stand. washers (M) Make sure the joints are positioned as shown. 4.
Connecting the Power Cord Note: Most illustrations shown in this section are for EPSON Stylus Pro 9880/9880C/9450, so they may vary in appearance from EPSON Stylus Pro 7880/7880C/7450. The instructions are the same, except as noted.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 EPSON Stylus Pro EPSON Stylus Pro 9880/9880C/7880/7880C 9450/7450 Light Light Black Matte Black...
1. Turn on the printer by pressing the Power 4. Hold the ink cartridge with the arrow mark button. After a short time INSTALL INK facing up and pointing to the rear of the CARTRIDGE is displayed on the LCD panel. printer, and then insert it in the slot until the corresponding ink mark is displayed on the LCD panel.
6. Make sure that the Power light is not flashing, Loading the Roll Paper and then set the paper lever to the released position. The LEVER RELEASED. LOAD PAPER appears on the LCD panel. To load the roll paper onto the printer, follow the instructions below.
❏ Adjust the feed strength by pressing the 10. Set the paper lever to the secured position, and Paper Feed buttons on the control panel. close the roll paper cover. PRESS PAUSE When using thick, heavy, or curled paper, BUTTON appears. press the Paper Feed u button to increase the power.
4. Load the sheet into the paper insertion slot Loading the Cut Sheet Media until it comes out below. Make sure that the right and bottom edges of the sheet are straight and in line with the horizontal line To load cut sheet media longer than A3 or Legal, see the next section.
Loading Cut Sheet Media with a Size Caution: of A4, Letter or 8 × 10 Inches Do not leave the paper in the printer for a long period of time; its quality will deteriorate. We recommend that you remove the paper from the To load cut sheet media with a size of A4, Letter printer after printing.
5. Open the front cover. 8. Press the Pause button, and then follow the same procedure used for other cut sheet media. Caution: Do not leave the paper in the printer for a long period of time; its quality will deteriorate.
Connecting the Printer with Your Installing the Printer Driver and Computer Software Connect the printer and computer with a USB After connecting the printer to your computer, cable or Ethernet cable. Use the following cables. you need to install the software included on the Printer Software CD-ROM shipped with your ❏...
6. Select your printer, and then click Add. If your printer does not appear in the list, click More Printers, and select a connection, such as EPSON TCP/IP. Select your printer from the list, and then click Add. 7. Make sure the Printer List contains the printer you just added.