Digital Cordless Telephone Motorola CD3 For Models: CD301, CD302, CD303 and CD304 Warning: Charge the handset for 24 hours before use.
Welcome... to your new Motorola CD3 Digital Cordless Telephone! • 100 Name and Number phonebook. • Bright backlit display. • Speakerphone for hands-free conversations. • Zoom font when dialling for improved legibility. • Copy phonebook entries between handsets. • Hearing aid compatible (HAC).
This User Guide provides you with all the information you need to get the most from your phone. Before you make your first call you will need to set up your phone. Follow the simple instructions in ‘Getting Started’, on the next few pages. IMPORTANT Only use the telephone line cord supplied.
1. Getting started ..............7 2. Getting to know your phone ..........11 3. Using the phone ..............16 Switch the handset on / off ................16 Calls .......................16 3.2.1 Make a call ...................16 3.2.2 Preparatory dialling ................16 3.2.3 Make a call using quickdial keys ............16 3.2.4 End a call .....................16 3.2.5...
5. Calls list ................25 New calls alert ....................25 Dial a number in the Calls list ................25 View the details of an entry ................26 Copy a Calls list number to the phonebook ..........26 Delete an entry ....................26 Delete the entire Calls list ................27 6.
10. Using additional handsets ..........38 10.1 Registering an additional handset ..............38 10.2 Register a different make of handset to your CD3 base .......38 10.3 Select a base ....................39 10.4 De-register a handset ..................39 11. Help ..................40 12. General information ............42...
1. Getting started IMPORTANT Do not place your CD3 in the bathroom or other humid areas. Location You need to place your CD3 base within 2 metres of the mains power socket and telephone wall socket so that the cables will reach. The socket-outlet shall be installed near the equipment and shall be easily accessible.
1. Plug the telephone line cord into the socket marked on the rear of the base. 2. Plug the power adaptor into the socket marked on the rear of the base and plug the other end into the mains power wall socket. Switch on the mains power. Installing and charging the handset 1.
1. Plug the power adaptor into the socket marked on the rear of the charger and plug the other end into the mains power wall socket. 2. Remove the battery cover from the back of the handset and insert the 2 x AAA NiMH rechargeable batteries supplied.
Welcome screen 1. The Welcome screen will briefly appear, then a list of countries is displayed. 2. Scroll to your country (operator) and press Select. The handset and base will reset to load the correct settings. The standby screen is then displayed and your phone is ready to use.
2. Getting to know your phone Overview of your handset A Earpiece B Display See page 13 for an overview of the display icons. C Recall Use recall (R) functions. Use with switchboard / PABX services and some network services. When on an external call, press to access a Call Waiting Line when you hear the call waiting prompt signal.
E Redial list / Scroll up / Volume up / Pause In standby mode, press to open the redial list. Scroll up through lists and menus. During a call, press to increase the earpiece and hands-free volume. When the phone is ringing, press to increase the handset ringer volume. Press and hold to enter a pause (P) when pre-dialling or storing numbers.
P Microphone Q Headset jack Use a non switchable CE approved headset with the CD3 handset. Handset LCD Display Steady when the handset is registered and within range of the base. Flashes when handset is out of range or searching for the base Displays when ECO mode is on.
Overview of the base A In Use LED (Green) Lights up when the base unit is powered ON, Flashes when phone rings, Flashes fast when the handset has seized the line. B Charging LED (Red) Lights up when the handset is on the base. C Page In standby, press to ring the handset(s).
Menu map Calls List Settings Names Set Handset From menu in standby: Missed Calls Received Calls Ringtone Search Ringer Volume Dialled Calls Add Entry Receiver Volume Delete Calls Copy Phonebook Handset Name Agenda Memory Status Language Delete Phonebook If there is an event, select Screensaver Options.
3. Using the phone NOTE Your handset will automatically time the duration of all external calls, the call timer will display on the screen. When the call ends, the total duration of your talk time is shown for 5 seconds. Switch the handset on / off Press and hold to switch the handset on or off.
Secrecy You can mute your handset so that you can talk to someone nearby without your caller hearing. 1. During a call, press Secrecy. The display shows Secrecy On and your caller cannot hear you. 2. Press to resume your call. Intercom 3.5.1 Make an internal call If you have more than one handset registered to the base, you can make internal calls...
Hands-free speakerphone Hands-free lets you talk to your caller without holding the handset. It also enables other people in the room to listen to the conversation. 3.6.1 Make a hands-free call 1. Dial the number and then press icon is displayed and you will hear the call over the handset loudspeaker. 2.
3.7.2 Copy a Redial list number to the phonebook 1. Press to open the Redial list. 2. Scroll to the entry you want. 3. Press Options. Show details is highlighted. Scroll Save Number. 4. Press Select. The display shows Enter Name.
4. Phonebook You can store up to 100 names and numbers in the phonebook. Names can be up to 12 characters long and numbers up to 24 digits. You can also select different ringer melodies for the phonebook entries. Store a name and number If the CD3 is connected to a switchboard, you may need to enter a pause in a number.
CHARACTER MAP Case Assigned characters and symbols L / U . , - ? ! ¡ ¿ ’ @ : ; / 1 a b c 2 ä æ å à ç A B C 2 Ä Æ Å Ç d e f 3 è...
are displayed. 5. Press to dial the displayed entry or press to return to standby. Search an entry 1. Press Names to enter the phonebook menu. Search is highlighted. Press Select. The first entry is highlighted on the display. 3. Enter the first letter of the name to search alphabetically then scroll to the exact entry.
NOTE If an entry with the same number is already stored in the receiving handset, it will not be copied. Assign a ringtone 1. In standby, press . The first entry is highlighted on the display. 2. Enter the first letter of the name to search alphabetically then scroll to the exact entry.
5. Scroll Key X where the entry is stored, press Select. 6. Scroll Clear Entry, press Select to confirm. 7. Press to return to standby. 4.10 Access the phonebook during a call 1. During a call, press Names. 2. Press Options and scroll to select...
5. Calls list If you have subscribed to Caller ID service, and provided the identity of the caller is not withheld, the number of the caller will be displayed together with the date and time of the call (if provided by the network). NOTES If the caller’s number is stored in your phonebook along with a name, the name will also be displayed.
3. Press Select to confirm. The most recent number or name if stored in the phonebook is displayed. 4. Scroll to the entry you want and press Options. 5. Display shows Show Details. Press Select. The number (or name if stored in the phonebook) is displayed, scroll to see the date and time of the call.
Delete the entire Calls list 1. Press Menu, the display shows Calls Lists, press Select. 2. Scroll Delete Calls and press Select. 3. Scroll to highlight the Calls list (Missed Calls, Received Calls, Dialled Calls Calls) you want. 4. Display shows Delete All Calls ?.
6. Agenda Add a new event Use the CD3 to remind you of details of up to five events such as birthdays, anniversaries or appointments. Up to 24 characters can be entered as the subject. 1. Press Menu, scroll Agenda and press Select.
scroll to the event you want and press Options. 3. Scroll Show Details and press Select. The description, date and time of the agenda are displayed. 4. Press to return to standby. Edit an event 1. Press Menu, scroll Agenda and press Select.
7. Clock & Alarm If you have subscribed to your network’s Caller ID service, the base automatically sets the date and time of all handsets when you receive the first call. (Only applicable to FSK caller ID system). You can also manually set the time on the individual handsets. Set the date and time 1.
8. Handset settings Handset ringtone You can set different ringtones for external calls and internal calls. Select from 20 handset ringtones. You will hear a sample ring as you scroll to each ringtone. 1. Press Menu, scroll Settings and press Select. Set Handset is highlighted.
the handsets. A name can be up to 10 characters long. 1. Press Menu, scroll Settings and press Select. Set Handset is highlighted. Press Select. 3. Scroll Handset Name and press Select. 4. Enter the name and press Save. Press Clear to delete a character, or press and hold Clear...
5. Press to return to standby. Auto talk With Auto Talk switched on, you can answer a call just by lifting the handset off the base or charger. If switched off, you will have to press to answer a call. 1.
9. Base settings Base ringtone Select from 5 base ringtones. You will hear a sample ring as you scroll to each ringtone. 1. Press Menu, scroll Settings and press Select. 2. Scroll Set Base and press Select. Ringtone is highlighted. Press Select. 4.
4. Scroll All Handsets Select Handset then press Select. If you choose Select Handset, all available handsets are displayed. • Scroll to the handset you want then press Select. • Scroll to the number of rings that you want to set: 2, 6 Rings and press Select.
Restore default settings You can restore the CD3 to its default (original) settings. Resetting the CD3 will not affect the phonebook or Calls list, and all handsets registered to the base will be retained. Only the handset and base settings will be reset. 1.
Default settings Handset Name HANDSET Key tone Screensaver Clock Auto pick up Ringer melody (EXT) Melody 3 Ringer melody (INT) Melody 1 Ringer volume Earpiece volume Phonebook Unchanged Call list Unchanged Redial list Unchanged Master PIN 0000 Keypad lock Clock 00:00 Alarm Dial mode...
10. Using additional handsets Up to 5 handsets can be registered to one base station. Additional handsets must be registered to the base before you can use them. • The instructions described below apply specifically to the CD3 handset. If you wish to register another manufacturer’s handset, the instructions may vary.
On the base: 1. Press and hold until the base emits a double beep. The base will remain in registration mode for 90 seconds. On the handset: Follow the registration instructions given in your handset’s user guide. 10.3 Select a base You can register the CD3 handset with up to 4 bases.
11. Help No dial tone • Use only the telephone line cord supplied. • Check that the telephone line cord is connected properly. • Check that the mains power is connected properly and switched on. No display • Check that the batteries are inserted correctly and fully charged. Use only approved rechargeable batteries supplied.
Handset does not ring • The handset ringer volume may be set to Off, see page 31. Base unit does not ring • The base ringer volume may be set to Off, see page 34. Noise interference on my phone or on other electrical equipment nearby •...
12. General information IMPORTANT This equipment is not designed to make emergency telephone calls when the power fails. Alternative arrangements should be made for access to emergency services. This product is intended for connection to analogue public switched telephone networks and private switchboards in Singapore.
Installation Guidelines • Read and understand all instructions and save them for future reference. • Follow all warnings and instructions marked on the product. • Do not install this product near a bath tub, sink, or shower. • Operate this phone using only the power source that is indicated on the marking label. If you are unsure of the power supply to your home, consult with your dealer or local power company.
(“SUNCORP”) What Does this Warranty Cover? Subject to the exclusions contained below, SUNCORP warrants that this Motorola branded product (“Product”) or certified accessory (“Accessory”) sold for use with this product that it manufactured to be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal consumer usage for the period outlined below.
WARRANTY IS THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY OF THE CONSUMER, AND IS PROVIDED IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OF IMPLIED. IN NO EVENT SHALL MOTOROLA OR SUNCORP BE LIABLE, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) FOR DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE PURCHASE...
Use of Non-Motorola branded Products and Accessories. Defects or damage that result from the use of Non-Motorola branded or certified Products or Accessories or other peripheral equipment are excluded from coverage. Unauthorized Service or Modification. Defects or damages resulting from service,...
Brandname: Motorola Type: CD301, CD302, CD303 and CD304 Descriptions: DECT phone without telephone answering machine (CD30x) and their multi-handset versions. to which this declaration related is in conformity with the essential requirements of the following directives of the Council of the European Communities: R&TTE Directive (1999/5/EC)
Manufactured, distributed or sold by Suncorp Technologies Ltd., official licensee for this product. MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC. and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.