Digital Cordless Telephone Motorola C1LA Model: C1001LA Warning: Charge the handset for 24 hours before use.
Welcome... to your new Motorola C1LA Digital Cordless Telephone! • All handsets are fully cordless for locating anywhere within range. • Block nuisance calls by number or call type. • Do Not Disturb feature stops the phone from ringer when set to on.
This user guide provides you with all the information you need to get the most from your phone. To set up your phone, follow the simple instructions in ‘Getting Started’, on the next few pages. IMPORTANT Only use the telephone line cord supplied. Got everything? •...
1. Getting started ..............6 2. Getting to know your phone ..........10 3. Using the phone ..............15 Switch the handset on / off ................15 Calls .......................15 3.2.1 Make a call ...................15 3.2.2 Preparatory dialling ................15 3.2.3 End a call .....................15 3.2.4 Receive a call ..................15 Adjust the earpiece volume................15 Mute .......................15...
6. Nuisance calls ..............24 Block calls by call type ...................24 Block calls by number ..................24 7. Clock & alarm ..............25 Set the date and time..................25 Set the alarm ....................25 Switch off alarm ring ..................25 8 Personal settings ..............26 Handset tones ....................26 8.1.1 Handset ringer volume ...............26 8.1.2...
1. Getting started IMPORTANT Do not place your C1LA in the bathroom or other humid areas. Location You need to place your C1LA base within 1.5 metres of the mains power and telephone wall socket so that the cables will reach. The socket-outlet should be installed near the equipment and should be easily accessible.
Connecting the base 1. Plug the telephone line cord into the socket marked on the underside of the base. 2. Plug the power adaptor into the socket marked on the underside of the base and plug the other end into the mains power wall socket. Switch on the mains power. Installing and charging the handset 1.
Connecting the handset and charger (for multi-pack only) If you have purchased a multiple pack, you will need to carry out this process for all the handsets and chargers. 1. Plug the power adaptor into the socket marked on the underside of the charger and plug the other end into the mains power wall socket.
possible. The charge capacity of rechargeable batteries will reduce with time as they wear out, giving the handset less talk / standby time. Eventually they will need to be replaced. After charging your handset for the first time, subsequent charging time is about 6–8 hours a day.
2. Getting to know your phone Overview of your handset A Missed call LED B Earpiece C Display See page 12 for an overview of the display icons. D Up During a call, press to increase earpiece volume. When the phone is ringing, press to increase the handset ringer volume.
F Talk / Hands-free Press to switch hands-free on or off during a call. Press to make and receive calls. G * / Keypad lock / Pulse to Tone dialling Press and hold to lock and unlock the keypad. During a call, press to switch from pulse dialling to tone dialling. H Recall Use with switchboard / PABX services and some network services.
Handset LCD Display Battery status Scrolls when charging Time or Handset name In standby mode, press and hold to switch handset idle screen between handset name or time. Signal icon ECO MODE is ON ECO PLUS is ON Handset ringer is off Indicates a missed call Steady when making an outgoing call Flashes to indicate an incoming or internal call...
Battery is partially charged Battery is running low Flashes when battery is almost fully discharged For this feature to work, you must subscribe to Caller ID Service from your network operator. A subscription fee may be payable. This feature is dependent on your Network Service provider supporting the service. A subscription fee may be payable.
Menu map PHONEBOOK PERSONAL SET ADVANCED SET VIEW HANDSET TONE ECO MODE ADD NEW RING VOLUME ECO PLUS EDIT RING MELODY AUTO PREFIX DELETE KEY TONE RECALL TIME DELETE ALL BASE TONE DIAL MODE NUISANCECALL RING VOLUME CHANGE PIN BY CALLTYPE RING MELODY REGISTER BY NUM...
3. Using the phone NOTE Your handset will automatically time the duration of all external calls. The call timer will display after the first 15 seconds of your call. When the call ends, the total duration of your talk time is shown for 5 seconds. Switch the handset on / off Press and hold to switch the handset on or off.
The icon flashes and the handset number that is calling is displayed. 1. If only 2 handsets are registered to the base, press and the other handset rings automatically. 2. If more than 2 handsets are registered to the base press and scroll to the handset that is to be called then press...
2. Press to switch the call between the earpiece and the loudspeaker. 3. Press to end the call. NOTE During a hands-free call, press to adjust the volume. 3.6.2 Answer a call hands-free 1. When the phone rings, press twice to answer the call. 3.6.3 Switch to hands-free during a call.
3.7.4 Delete the entire Redial list 1. Press to open the Redial list. 2. Press and scroll DELETE ALL. 3. Press , the display shows CONFIRM?. 4. Press to confirm or to cancel. Lock / unlock the keypad You can lock the keypad so that it cannot be operated accidentally while carrying it around.
4. Phonebook You can store up to 100 names and numbers in the phonebook. Names can be up to 12 characters long and numbers up to 24 digits. Store a name and number If the C1LA is connected to a switchboard, you may need to enter a pause in a stored number.
View or dial an entry 1. Press . The icon is displayed. 2. Scroll to the entry you want. Enter the first letter of the name to search alphabetically. The first name that starts with this letter or the nearest letter in the alphabet will be displayed.
Store a quickdial number Your C1LA can store 10 quickdial numbers the first 4 numbers are already set, these are 1_TM center, 2_UniFiCenter, 3_ Police and 4_FireRescue. The quickdial name can be upto 10 characters. 1. Press . The display shows PHONEBOOK. 2.
5. Caller ID and the Calls list IMPORTANT To use Caller ID, you must first subscribe to the service from your network provider. A subscription fee may be payable. To ensure that the caller’s name is displayed, make sure you have stored the full telephone number, including the area code in the phonebook.
3. Press to dial the displayed entry. 5.2.3 Copy a Calls list number to the phonebook 1. Press to open the Calls list. 2. Scroll to the entry you want. 3. Press and scroll SAVE NUMBER. 4. Press again. The display shows ENTER NAME.
6. Nuisance calls Block calls by call type You can set the C1LA so that when certain call types call you the phone does not ring. You can choose from international, private or payphone 1. Press , scroll NUISANCE CALL and press 2.
7. Clock & alarm Set the date and time 1. Press , scroll CLOCK/ALARM and press . The display shows DATE & TIME. 2. Press to select. 3. Enter the date (e.g. 12--08--2014 for 12th of August 2014) and press to confirm.
8 Personal settings Handset tones 8.1.1 Handset ringer volume The handset ring volume can be set to different volume levels. Choose from 5 volume levels or Off. 1. Press , scroll PERSONAL SET and press 2. The display shows HANDSET TONE, press 3.
2. Scroll BASE TONE, press 3. The display shows RING VOLUME, press 4. Press to select the volume (1 -5 or OFF) . 5. Press to confirm or to return to the previous menu. 8.2.2 Base ringer melody You can set different ringer melodies for your calls. Choose from 5 different ringer melodies.
Do Not Disturb Your C1LA can be set to Do Not Disturb (DND) mode. Once activated when you receive an incoming call the phone will not ring. When DND is set to the display will show DONOTDISTURB. 1. Press , scroll PERSONAL SET and press 2.
9. Base settings ECO mode Your C1LA offers ECO mode function which reduces the transmitted power and energy consumption when switched on. To switch Eco mode on: 1. Press , scroll ADVANCED SET and press 2. Scroll ECO MODE and press 3.
Recall mode Depending on your country and network operator, your C1LA has the recall time set as 600 ms (TIMED BR,4). It is unlikely that you will need to change this setting unless advised to do so. 1. Press , scroll ADVANCED SET and press 2.
Registering an additional handset NOTE Handset batteries must be fully charged before you start to register. Hold your handset close to the base during the registration process. Handsets that were supplied with your C1LA base are already pre-registered. On the base: 1.
1. Press , scroll ADVANCED SET and press 2. Scroll RESET and press 3. The display shows RESET 4. Press to confirm or to return to the previous menu. Your C1LA will restart automatically. 9.10 Default settings Key tone Auto answer Ringer melody Ringer volume Ear volume...
10. Help No dial tone • Use only the telephone line cord supplied. • Check that the telephone line cord is connected properly. • Check that the mains power is connected properly and switched on. No display • Check that the batteries are inserted correctly and fully charged. Use only approved rechargeable batteries supplied.
Handset does not ring • The handset ringer volume may be set to Off. Base does not ring • The base ringer volume may be set to Off. Noise interference on my phone or on other electrical equipment nearby • Place your C1LA at least one metre away from electrical appliances or any metal obstructions to avoid any risk of interference.
11. General information IMPORTANT This equipment is not designed to make emergency telephone calls when the power fails. Alternative arrangements should be made for access to emergency services. This product is intended for connection to analogue public switched telephone networks and private switchboards in Malaysia.
Installation Guidelines • Read and understand all instructions and save them for future reference. • Follow all warnings and instructions marked on the product. • Do not install this product near a bath tub, sink, or shower. • Operate this phone using only the power source that is indicated on the marking label.
(“SUNCORP”) What Does this Warranty Cover? Subject to the exclusions contained below, SUNCORP warrants that this Motorola branded product (“Product”) or certified accessory (“Accessory”) sold for use with this product that it manufactured to be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal consumer usage for the period outlined below.
WARRANTY IS THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY OF THE CONSUMER, AND IS PROVIDED IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OF IMPLIED. IN NO EVENT SHALL MOTOROLA OR SUNCORP BE LIABLE, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) FOR DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE PURCHASE...
Motorola or SUNCORP are excluded from coverage. Use of Non-Motorola branded Products and Accessories. Defects or damage that result from the use of Non-Motorola branded or certified Products or Accessories or other peripheral equipment are excluded from coverage. Unauthorized Service or Modification. Defects or damages resulting from service,...
<This page has been intentionally left blank>...
Suncorp declares that the following products: Brandname: Motorola Type: C1001LA, C1002LA, C1003LA, C1004LA Descriptions: DECT phone without telephone answering machine (C100xLA) and their multi-handset versions. to which this declaration related is in conformity with the essential requirements of the following directives of the Council of the European Communities: R&TTE Directive (1999/5/EC)
Manufactured, distributed or sold by Suncorp Technologies Ltd., official licensee for this product. MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC. and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.