Copyright Laws. LG-Nortel reserves the right to make changes in specifications at any time without notice. The information furnished by LG Nortel in this material is believed to be accurate and reliable, but is not warranted to be true in all cases.
Care & Precautions: Before connecting or using your new phone, take a moment to consider safety and reliability. Use common sense LG8815 Phone when locating, connecting and using your • Locate on a dry level surface. Keep the phone away from the edges of the surface to avoid the potential of a fall.
Table of Contents LG 8815 IP Phone Overview ..................1 Installing your LG8815 Phone ................3 Using Features of LG8815 Phone ................4 3.1. Receiving a Call ..........................4 3.2. Placing a Call ..........................4 3.3. Putting a Call on Hold ........................4 3.4.
5.9. Key Tone............................. 21 5.10. Language Setting........................21 Appendix A Dial Pad Character Set ................23 Appendix B Time Zones ....................24 Appendix C LG8815 Icons ....................25...
1. LG8815 IP Phone Overview Your new LG8815 Phone is an Internet Protocol (IP) phone employing Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), the well-known open standard for establishing, managing and terminating a communication session. LG8815 Phone interoperates with call servers, proxies and gateways to exchange SIP signaling messages for call control.
* When the LCD displays information for a line, such as when an incoming call first rings, the LED color is orange otherwise, the LED color will be green. Flexible buttons not assigned for line access may access features such as Speed dial, Redial and others. Refer to section 5.5 and your system administrator for further information.
2. Installing your LG8815 Phone The figure below shows the cable connections for your IP Phone. The LAN and desktop PC connections employ standard category 5 LAN cables terminated with RJ-45 connectors. The IP Phone supports PoE (Power over Ethernet) in accordance with the IEEE-802.1af industry standard. When connected to a PoE complaint LAN port, the IP Phone derives power from the port.
3. Using Features of LG8815 Phone 3.1. Receiving a Call When you receive a call, your phone rings, the LCD displays the incoming call information and the associated line button flashes. To answer a ringing call: Lift the handset. You may press the speakerphone button, line button or the Answer softkey to activate the speakerphone.
Press the Hold button or the Hold softkey. The call status changes to hold and you receive dial tone. You may then select another line to answer or place a call. Note, if you select an idle line and take no action for about 15 seconds, the line is disconnected. To retrieve a held call on a different line: Press the slow flashing line button.
• BLF (Presence) - visual status indication of the extension, when the associated extension is busy the LED illuminates red. To call an idle covered extension: Lift the handset. You may press the speakerphone button or the headset button. Press the DSS button. You may press the DSS button prior to lifting the handset, which activates the speakerphone and places the call.
Press the Conferen softkey. The call status changes to hold and you receive dial tone. Dial the number you want to join the conference. When the party answers, press the Join softkey to establish the conference. To end your conference and disconnect all parties: Hang up the handset.
Lift the handset for privacy or press the headset button to use the headset 3.13. Speed Number Dialing Your LG8815 Phone incorporates a Phone Book with up to 100 records. Refer to section 4.2 information on use of the Phone Book. Each record includes a name, contact information and a Speed number (00 to 99).
3.17. Hotline/Warm-Line With Hotline/Warm-Line operation configured, the IP Phone automatically calls the defined destination when you take the handset off-hook or press the speaker button. The call initiates immediately, Hotline, or after a delay of up to 10 seconds, Warm-Line. The later permits you the time to access another feature or line as needed.
4. Advanced Services and the LG8815 Phone LCD Menu This section describes how to view and use the advanced services available through the LCD menu. The LG8815 Phone has three context sensitive softkeys, pressing the softkey selects the function or value shown in the LCD just above the softkey.
Use the Previous-Next softkeys to display the desired record or dial the digit preceding the desired record. Jan 23 08:30 Phone Book (page 1) Use the More softkey to locate and select the Dial softkey. >Sam.7744 Dial Edit More To add a record to the Phone Book: Access the Phone Book as described above.
To delete all records: Access the Phone Book as described above. Press the More softkey to locate the DelAll softkey. Jan 23 08:30 Phone Book (page 1) >Tom,5555598 Find DelAll More Select DelAll softkey and confirm the deletion by selecting the Jan 23 08:30 Yes softkey.
5. Setting Your Preferences In the LCD Menu, you can set various preferences for the IP Phone. Settings you can adjust include: LCD contrast Ring Setting Ringer off Headset auto mode Flexible button settings Time Configuration Outgoing Call Lock Speed Number Dialing Key Tone Language The following paragraphs provide detailed instructions for each of the preferences as well as descriptive...
Press the Setting ( ) button. 3.Phone Settings using the Previous-Next softkeys and press the Dial 3, or move the cursor to OK softkey. 2.Ring Setting using the Previous-Next softkeys and press the OK Dial 2, or move the cursor to softkey.
exit the configuration session. To set delayed ring for a line: Press the Setting ( ) button. 3.Phone Settings using the Previous-Next softkeys and press the Dial 3, or move the cursor to OK softkey. 2.Ring Setting using the Previous-Next softkeys and press the OK Dial 2, or move the cursor to softkey.
Your LG8815 Phone supports use of a headset with a standard RJ-11 jack. In the Headset Auto Mode, pressing a line button automatically connects audio to the headset. Also, redial, Speed dial, Speed number dialing and click-to-call place calls with audio through the headset. To enable Headset Auto Mode: Press the Setting ( ) button.
5.Flexible Key Setting Dial 5, or move the cursor to using the Previous-Next softkeys and press the OK softkey Press Flexible button Select the desired flexible button. An asterisk, , displays in front of the current setting. Select a function using the Previous-Next softkey and press the OK softkey.
For proper operation of the clock, the IP Phone requires the local time zone. For available time zones, see Appendix B Time Zones. To enter the Time Zone: Press the Setting ( ) button. 3.Phone Settings using the Previous-Next softkeys and press the Dial 3, or move the cursor to OK softkey.
5.6.4. Time Format The format of the LCD time display can be set for 12-hour format or 24-hour format. In addition, the LCD time display can be disabled. To set the display format for time: Press the Setting ( ) button. 3.Phone Settings using the Previous-Next softkeys and press the Dial 3, or move the cursor to...
5.6.5. Date Format The format of the LCD date displays in the one of the formats below: MM/DD (01/22) DD/MM (22/01) DD Month (22 Jan) Month DD (Jan 22) Disabled, no date display To set the date display format: Press the Setting ( ) button.
Press the Yes softkey to enable Lock Outgoing Call, or press the No softkey to disable Lock Outgoing Call. Jan 23 08:30 Lock Outgoing Call Move to another parameter with the Return button, , and Current value is ‘No’ continue the session or press the Settings ( ) button to exit the configuration session.
Press the Settings ( ) button. 3.Phone Settings using the Previous-Next softkeys, and press the OK Dial 3, or move cursor to softkey. 11.Language using the Previous-Next softkeys, and press the OK Dial 11, or move cursor to softkey. Select a Language from the list using the Previous-Next softkeys, and press the OK softkey.
Appendix A Dial Pad Character Set The LG8815 Phone dial pad inputs digits or alphanumeric characters. The table below maps each dial pad digit to characters available. Three modes are available, dial pad digits, upper case letters and lower case letters as shown in the table. Dial Pad Mode Digit Upper Case...
Appendix B Time Zones Country Country GMT-12:00 International Date Line, West GMT+01:00 Oslo, Norway GMT-11:00 Midway/Samoa GMT+01:00 Paris, France GMT-10:00 Hawaii GMT+01:00 Rome, Italy GMT-09:00 Alaska GMT+01:00 Stockholm, Sweden GMT-08:00 Los Angeles, California GMT+01:00 Vienna, Austria GMT-08:00 Pacific Standard GMT+02:00 Athens, Greece GMT-07:00 Mountain Standard GMT+02:00 Harare, Zimbabwe GMT-06:00 Central Standard...
Appendix C LG8815 Icons Your LG8815 displays various icons in the upper line of the LCD to assist you in understanding the status of the phone. Below is a list of icons and their meaning. LAN or Network connection icon indicates the status of the LAN connection to the LG8815. If the icon is blinking, the LAN connection is faulty.