1) Disengage the clutch squeezing the control lever.
2) Push down on gear change lever sharply with the tip of
your foot to engage the first gear.
3) Speed up the engine, turn the throttle twistgrip,
gradually release the clutch lever at the same time; the
motorcycle will start moving.
4) Let go of clutch lever and speed up.
5) To shift up, close the throttle to slow down engine,
disengage the clutch, lift the gear change lever and let
go of clutch lever.
To change down, proceed as follows: release the twistgrip,
pull the clutch lever, increase engine speed for a moment to
allow the gears to synchronise, shift down and release the
Use the controls intelligently and promptly: when riding
uphill, do not hesitate to shift down as soon as the
motorcycle starts to slow down, so you will avoid stressing
the engine and the motorcycle abnormally.
Avoid sudden acceleration, as this may lead to
misfiring and transmission snatching. The clutch lever should
not be held in longer than necessary after a gear is engaged,
otherwise friction parts may overheat and wear out.
Warning (for Monster 795 ABS only)
Prolonged rearing could deactivate the ABS system.