Listening to Patterns
1. Press the Pattern mode key to enter Pattern mode (the key will light).
2. Use the cursor [L][M] keys to make the parameter select LEDs indicate
3. Rotate the dial to select the desired pattern (A01...A64, b01...b64,
4. Press the Play/Pause key to playback the pattern (the key will light).
When pattern playback ends, the pattern will return to the beginning,
and continue playing repeatedly.
To pause during playback, press the Play/Pause key (the key will blink).
To resume playback, press the Play/Pause key once again (the key will
light). To stop playback, press the Stop/Cancel key.
You can rotate the dial to select patterns when playback is stopped or even
When you change patterns during playback, the change will ac-
tually occur at the end of each pattern. (Refer to p.22 "The timing
at which patterns will change.")
What is a Pattern?
A pattern is a unit of musical data consisting of sounds arranged in a rhythm. On
II you can create and save 256 patterns.
Each pattern consists of eleven parts (refer to p.14). In addition to the sounds of
each part, you can also record rhythms and knob movements (refer to p.22 "Pat-
Trying out the functions
Changing the tempo of a song or pattern
There are two ways to change the tempo.
The tempo that you change here will return to the original tempo when you stop
playback and switch to a different pattern or song.
• Using the dial to change the tempo
1. Press the Mode key to enter Song mode or
2. Use the cursor [L][M] keys to set the param-
eter select LED to TEMPO.
3. Rotate the dial to change the tempo.
• Using the Tap Tempo key to change the tempo
While a song or pattern is playing, press the TAP key three times or more at the
desired tempo. The ER-1
TAP key, and will set the tempo accordingly. The tempo can also be changed in
this way even if the ER-1
Use the cursor [L][M] keys to make the parameter select LEDs indicate TEMPO,
and the tempo you modified will appear in the display.
II will detect the interval at which you pressed the
II is not currently playing a song or pattern.
3. Basic operation (Quick Start)